• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Charles Moore shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sir is that a grip safety if so does it work a underside view would have given me a better answer or is it a wall mounting peg
Feltwad
It is a wall mounting brass peg. Nothing fancy about this gun, it just kills small game. Or did so, when it & I were both a half-century younger. I bought it from a family in Sussex Co., Delaware about 60-ish years ago.

Yes I know about Cape guns and paradox guns.

It was not just gentlemen that used these guns and I don't mean unsavoury characters by that.
Ordinary folk had many a sxs. Were coastal guns sometimes used to take seal? Did a farmer or gamekeeper or an agent take a deer with one? Were any ever marketed as good with ball etc etc.

It seems odd that in the UK going back to the late 1700's and forward there seems little to no mention of using ball to hunt anything except for in Africa. Was deer still being hunted with hound and lance? Archery?
I find it hard to believe that when the sxs started getting popular no one wondered how a ball would shoot from them.
Is there any documentation about it?
I often have asked Mr Feltwad questions, especially with Mr Feltwad telling me and others he is an expert of world fame alas, this knowledge or indepth discussion does not materialise. Some of us have no idea who he is??
Maybe you do, or someone else does. It would be nice to actually know the credentials behind the man. Can you help?
I can second this, have shot with feltwad at national and local clay shoots, and is always knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly, i have also won competitions with shotguns acquired from him.

Latest posts

Back