• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CCI tools up for #11 caps in June

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CCI representative telling us there is a huge demand for #11 caps,while licking his lips. They all have the same story of supply and demand.The gouging going on in the ammunition industry is abhorrent. Hell I can't even get Rifle primers for less than $120.00 a thousand and they are supposed to be making them! Been waiting for over 2 years for primers to load my 45/70.

i learned long ago----the cap shortage late 90's early 2000's I put in a large order thousand's of tins. that doesn't mean that i don't buy them when i see them for friends and relative's. they were offered the chance to purchase when i did and didn't want to share the cost so now they are paying the market price and i have no sympathy for them or any body else when they only purchase only what they can use this week, be it powder, patches/material, balls, or primers/caps.

Keep in mind , most of the "gouging" is done at the retail/middle man level . I bought several tins from my local Walmart the last two years in August/Sept. and they were $5.32 per 100 cap tin. No hazmat, no shipping, no gouging.
Kinda makes you wonder how good of caps they are. They can be cheap,but they don't do you any good if the place doesn't have any.I have been buying my #11 caps at Wally world for years,mostly half price at the end of the year. Have 4 Walmarts in my area and none of them even got caps in this year.Started asking clerks in August when they usually get the caps in.Yes, we are getting caps in in Sept.,they never showed up.

Be sure to watch Ethan's video. I will explain everything that you might be wondering about. He does a great job of explaining things. Sounds like sometime in late July we can expect to see caps in stores again. Be prepared though.... many people will buy out everything they have with one purchase,, leaving nothing to the rest of the muzzloloaders who want to buy them too..... thus creating a shortage again.....

I sold this stuff for 30 yrs back in the 70's-2000,I never liked nor shot CCI caps, they never were reliable, glad I got a couple thousand RWS cap, when are they going to start producing them again

if all the ignorant flag wavers that fell for the hate China and Russia propaganda egging the govt on China alone would send 5 billion primers caps ammo etc a day for cheap then throw in Russia with their ammo and primers. but being flag wavers they follow the suicidal US govt into hell and hell is where the US has sent Europe

How high really is "demand" and why is it higher now than it was 5 years ago or more?

Are there just legions of new blackpowder revolver and rifle shooters hungry for #11 caps?

I know I'm preaching to the choir but it's going to become like everything else, you'll have 10% of the buyers hoarding 90% of the supply, dropping 1000s of $$ on caps and sitting on them instead of actually buying them to shoot.

I buy caps whenever I see them, I bought before the "shortage", during the shortage and I buy now during this "semi shortage" but I go through 1-200 caps per week so I actually burn them up

I bought 16 of the nipples from "tapsntools" on Ebay that take red toy caps then I bought a 16,000 cap case of the good Made in Taiwan red toy caps with the perchlorate prime. I honestly believe they're the same as the CCI caps. Because I dropped a tin of CCI #11 two days ago at the range and that knocked some of the compound out of a few of the caps.......and it was just a thin disc of compound the same as the toy caps. There is no magical property to CCI or other caps, they just make spark the same as any other to ignite powder.

Latest posts

Back