• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cap and ball revolvers, 1864, 1964

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_20240419_081158~2.jpg

VERY nice Krieghoff - A very good friend of the family loaned me his San Remo grade Krieghoff in 1970 or was it 1971 to shoot an ATA shoot in Atlantic City NJ. At that time there were only 2 San Remo grade Krieghoff in the US the other one was on the West Coast. I think it was Dan Bonillas who had it. GREAT SHOTGUN!!!!!

. . . The first replica cap and ball revolvers produced in volume was the 1851 Navy and the 1860 Griswold for Val forgett of Navy arms.
In 1956 he met with Luciano , uberti an gregorelli in Italy, apparently no one in the United States was interested in making a reproduction cap and ball revolvers, I remember Elmer Keith writing about trying in vain for decades to get someone to manufacture single action 'western' style revolvers , but no one would touch it.

The first ones they made wire copys of the Colt 1851 Navy and the Griswold 1860,
Navy arms got the first 100 revolvers made in 1859 and had sold every one of them in about 3 weeks out of his office in New Jersey

Wish I'd saved the sales flyer from the Hopkins & Allen under-hammer rifles, with the buck-skinned guy loading and firing. Also the flyer for the 1st Navy Arms revolvers, the Reb and Yank. They can be color-xeroxed nowadays, if I find any or someone could copy for me.

Back