• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Caney Mountain Smoke Pole Hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any of you folks ever hunt the managed muzzle loader hunt at Caney Mountain in the southern part of Missouri? Im trying to figure out which hunt I will apply for this year. Caney has always looked good to me but I have never tried it. Any advice?

Cant say i know much about that area. Where abouts in the ozarks are you ? I'm on the Arkansas border and have hunted much of the ozarks on this side.

I am from the Poplar Bluff area on the east side of the Ozarks. Caney Mountain is just west of West Plains Mo. I have been through the Berryville area, nice part of the world. We go down around Calico Rock and Mnt. View a lot, love it down there.

Oak Walker said:
Any of you folks ever hunt the managed muzzle loader hunt at Caney Mountain in the southern part of Missouri? Im trying to figure out which hunt I will apply for this year. Caney has always looked good to me but I have never tried it. Any advice?

I know this is not what you want to hear, but ask the state for information on past hunting success and the number of hunters using the area and the number who actually draw tags and fill them.

Asking folks on the www is not going to help you in your state where folks do not live.

i have not hunted this area myself but I have driven thoroug this area quite a bit due to my job and almost always see lots of deer. in fact, at night i have driven trough gainsville mo and seen deer in peoples front yards, in what is considered in that area "downtown".
Mo conservation dept has hunter numbers and success rates on their web site.

Back