• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Canada PAL

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fleener

50 Cal.
Reaction score
In another thread someone mentioned challenging the PAL's course by taking the test.

I have been checking into that and I cant see where you can challenge the class and just take the test.

Anyone have any actual knowledge of being able to do that, and if so point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Fleener

I did years ago. Contact a local instructor/examiner if it's still possible. Not up on if it's still possible. Hopefully one that doesn't believe a a SMLE mag is a prohib.

Took my RPAL by taking the test, not the full course as well (paid for full course). Only did it so they had enough guys to run the course. If I'd failed, no perspiration off my testicle.

I also took the test but not the course. This was about 10 yrs ago so I'm not sure what they do now. It's pretty basis stuff, if you read the manual the test is a breeze. The worse part is the documentation you have to get from your "local Police" here in the states, every time you renew.

It's a little off topic and doesn't answer the OP but when I first started going to far Northern BC and The Yukon to hunt birds in 1990 all we had to do was to declare that we had long guns when we arrived at customs. A few years later we had to apply for and receive a FAC (Firearms Acquisition Certificate.) After a few more years we had to register our long guns with the Canadian govt. Then came along the PAL (Possession and Acquisition License). At first it was no charge after paying for the training course. I don't remember how much. The last time I renewed it was a $60 fee along with a new background check. For a while I was more within the laws of Canada than were most of my Yukon friends. They flat refused to register their guns. The registration scheme was repealed a few years ago because it cost too much and accomplished too little. My PAL is due to expire this year and I doubt that I'll renew it since I'm 1500 miles from the border and not 15 miles like I was. It's the old idea of the slippery slope or letting the camel getting his nose under the tent and it's not too big a stretch to see that it explains a lot of the frustration that's driving the truckers today.

Back