• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can we talk breach loaders here?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hole for the breech screw is made directly into the barrel. It is not on a separate breech piece. There is a breech plug, but it is part of the breech tang.

The breech screw arrives ready threaded, but I suspect is an investment casting. My guess is the tapered thread in the barrel is made with a tapered tap and the breech screw is also threaded using a tapered die..

Try buying those on Ebay...!

The Fergusons were so specific to "our" time period, I believe they should be free from censoring on this site: they used same type ctg. as our Besses! Let them be discussed here!
We've discussed them MANY times....
Breech loaders are not banned....
Breechloaders that use fixed ammo and those that are inlines are not discussed.
The gray area are breechloaders that use cartridges, and as long as the cartridge is fired by an external, non-inline source, a cap for example, they are OK for discussion. We added a caveat that they had to have been manufactured in 1865 or earlier (not custom built nor prototyped). So a Hall, Sharps, or a Smith rifle are all OK to talk about. The Spencer, the Henry (rimfire or modern makes no difference), a Sharps that uses a cartridge fired with a primer... those are not discussed.

LD

Back