• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Camp tokens

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacher Jeremy

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been collecting tokens from the various rondys I attend, and was considering making some sort of display item to attach them to.(I've been told they are called storyboards) I'm thinking of cutting a Celtic Cross out of leather, and painting it, after suspending it, like a beaver pelt, in a willow frame.Haven't decided if it will make it to the rondy trailer or not, however I do see a lot of camps with just such a device. What are your thoughts on storyboards, and if you have one, what does it look like.

There a cool thing, we always called totem's.
I started with a circle of heavy grape vine in a about 14" diameter I guess with more of the same vine making 4 hearts inside that circle.
Got pretty darn heavy after 10yrs an 6-8 vous each year.
It's in a box bottom someplace now.

Some guy's just get a heavy strap of leather and start pinching holes in it

Saw a hat last year that had about that many on it. Looked very heavy...and tacky (to me).

I use to hang them on a large piece of cloth I hung on a tent pole for the purpose of bragging which lead to the name of "brag rags".
I carry enough useless manure to camp so now I just throw them away.

we call them medallions here, and I have collected quite a few in the past 14 years. I had a friend bring me back a set of antlers (they were and still are attached to the skull plate)from his Missouri hunt years back with the intention of cutting them up or knife handles, powder measure and such. after he died I started hanging the medallions from them, and hung the antler basket from my lodge. their too full to haul around anymore so they hang on the wall of the garage, when I come home from a camp I find a place to tie on the new medallion. sort of a scrapbook of camps for me, cause I can stare at them and think back to this or that camp. but then maybe I'm a shade more sentimental than most?

After 30yrs of 3to 5 events a year had a brag rag for years then starting to hang them on a gun rack. Then had to build another gun rack for two reasons. I now have too many tokens and too many guns (or says the wife)But as long as I can will keep collecting both. Just so she will have to deal with it when I am gone lol.

I have a breast plate.

IMAG0753.jpg

I started it long before they made medallions.
most where beads on a string

Latest posts

Back