• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabellas visit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelariz

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Looks like the cabellas in E.Hartford isnt restocking caps yet. But they did have some different powders. I was able to find some .36 caliber lead ball for my wife's pepperbox pietta.

Looks like the cabellas in E.Hartford isnt restocking caps yet. But they did have some different powders. I was able to find some .36 caliber lead ball for my wife's pepperbox pietta.
I just discovered I need a round ball mold in .375 for a new 51 Navy revolver I bought. I have one in .380 that will probably work but the chamber mouths plug gauge at .366. so that will shave .0045 off each side of the ball if centered well with the ram will probably not leave a gap in the cut off ring. Also these chamber mouths are .005 under groove diameter so I may have to open them up to get best accuracy.

I just discovered I need a round ball mold in .375 for a new 51 Navy revolver I bought. I have one in .380 that will probably work but the chamber mouths plug gauge at .366. so that will shave .0045 off each side of the ball if centered well with the ram will probably not leave a gap in the cut off ring. Also these chamber mouths are .005 under groove diameter so I may have to open them up to get best accuracy.
Amazon has molds for different sized lead balls. I have some in my wish list for the near future.
We are making an effort to hit up a few unmentionable shops to pick up powders and supplies. I am trying to stock up on all the caps and lead i can afford.

Back