• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pietta 1858 brass Army arrived.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve never watched Yellow Stone but if what you say is true, there should be lots of unfired BP revolvers hitting the market (with damaged nipples from dry firing) pretty soon.

I think that most who would buy a firearm because they saw it on a TV show would give up once they tried to find caps, powder, etc. too much trouble and expense. Play cowboy for a while and then sell their toy to try and recoup a few bucks.
I agree.
People are fickle and the younger folks do not want to learn new skills. They just want to take pics with the pistols and pretend to be cool.

Even if i couldnt easily find the pistol food, i would still shine my new toys up and will make fine display cases for them. There is an old world beauty that i find relaxing just wiping them down and listening to the mechanism click as i practice cocking the hammer back.

to be fair my brasser that loosened up was from the 70's most likly a navy arms. ??

Ya'll need to check out an original Colt ordnance manual. Modern loads were rarely shot back then. IF you need, and IF you NEED max loads then only a steel frame will work for you. Otherwise a modern brass or steel frame works fine, for YEARS.

Ya'll need to check out an original Colt ordnance manual. Modern loads were rarely shot back then. IF you need, and IF you NEED max loads then only a steel frame will work for you. Otherwise a modern brass or steel frame works fine, for YEARS.
I will stick to middle of the road for charge of powder. Ill just be hitting paper or steel targets.

Back