• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buying a kibler colonial. 54 or 58?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean there are phones in other countries?

Yeah but they all look like this.

images (8).jpeg

Looking to purchase a new Kibler colonial rifle kit. I do have some questions regarding weight. If anyone has a 54 or 58 respectively would they please weigh and share the weight that they get? I hear the 58 is it lighter as it uses the same stock and barrel as the 54 and 50 caliber guns. If anyone has any experience that would be greatly appreciated. Also are there any other Pros or cons when it comes to the 58 versus 54? I know the 58 is more expensive to shoot as the round balls are more expensive. The rifle will be used for Missouri sized white tail and possibly one day an elk. Any thoughts comments or concerns about the subject would be greatly appreciated thank you!
Go ahead Mike, get the 58.

a friend of mine has a 50 colonial and it balances beautiful, and is a nice rifle, and very accurate, but it is heavy! if you are bench shooting it would be perfect. but if you are hunting, well you tote one a lot more than you shoot one,,,,,,,,,,,

Looking to purchase a new Kibler colonial rifle kit. I do have some questions regarding weight. If anyone has a 54 or 58 respectively would they please weigh and share the weight that they get? I hear the 58 is it lighter as it uses the same stock and barrel as the 54 and 50 caliber guns. If anyone has any experience that would be greatly appreciated. Also are there any other Pros or cons when it comes to the 58 versus 54? I know the 58 is more expensive to shoot as the round balls are more expensive. The rifle will be used for Missouri sized white tail and possibly one day an elk. Any thoughts comments or concerns about the subject would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Getting powder is the issue. Finding any now even at double the normal price will be tough.
Expect the situation to remain very bad until at least late 2022 or longer, and $40 per pound the new norm.

a friend of mine has a 50 colonial and it balances beautiful, and is a nice rifle, and very accurate, but it is heavy! if you are bench shooting it would be perfect. but if you are hunting, well you tote one a lot more than you shoot one,,,,,,,,,,,

The .58 is a slight bit lighter than the .50. Same barrel blank more metal bored out.

I've been thinking about one of these for myself and will definitely opt for the .58 because of all I've heard about the weight and balance versus the .54 version.

According to a description of the American riflemen opposing him during the AWI, one British officer stated that, almost without exception, their weapons were bored "36 to the pound." By definition, this means they were 36 gauge,, or about .54 caliber.

Latest posts

Back