• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bucks County Entry Pipe Form

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaino

Cannon
Reaction score
Below is the form that I use for making a one piece BC entry pipe w/ the long finial. Although this form has made a few, the last one I made is a 2 piece that's soldered together and I'm debating which will be used in the future. These long finial BC entry pipes aren't commercially available but are found on most BC LRs, so really should be incorporated. The finial of the 2 piece is also formed w/ these same form blocks. The small block is the shape of the lower forend minus the thickness of the brass. I use .040 annealed sheet brass and constantly anneal the brass during the forming . The "pipe" shown is one piece.

P1010004.jpg

CopyofEntpWork.jpg

fred
thats real nice thanks for the idea hope to put to use some day
thank you
Richard Westerfield

So that's how it's done. I've tried a couple of times to beat out a Hawken entry pipe, only to end up with some kind of twisted sculpture. :(

I don't think the hickory would work for mild steel, but looking at your form has givien me some problem solving ideas. Thanks. Bill

Oops, it looks more like oak.

Yes...the female form block is oak and will form mild steel while the "male" block" is hard maple. This "form" can also be used to make the "normal", shorter tailed entry pipes. After the round portion of the pipe has been made and the flange high temp silver soldered, a radiused punch peens the transitional "step" from pipe to finial....w/ a few anneals and that's the reason for soldering the flange w/ high temp silver solder. After the "step", then the "male" block completes the forming of the tail. I added addt'l length to the female form to make a longer finial entry pipe than the one shown. This is just one way and some use a mandrel w/ equal success.....Fred

Latest posts

Back