• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Brown Bess Style ??? Musket ????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this off of Gun Broker and quite frankly, I wasn't what I expected/was hoping for when I unboxed it. I contacted the seller the same day I got it, and he refused to allow me to return it. I offered to pay the full shipping back to him. I'm stating all of this upfront before anyone buys it. I don't want anyone to open this box and say "you never told me...." It's 65 caliber smooth bore. It's 49" overall with a 32" barrel. I see no markings on it other than the word Japan on the side opposite the lock. I have not shot it. I plan on building a PA style long rifle and an thinning the safe a little to fund that project. Will consider trades for, or towards, a nice parts kit. $450.00 plus shipping. Which is what I paid.

Never judge a man by his posessions. But, I may think of you different after looking through your book collection.

Attachments

• IMG_1193[1].JPG
    IMG_1193[1].JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_1192[1].JPG
    IMG_1192[1].JPG
    108 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_1191[1].JPG
    IMG_1191[1].JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1190[1].JPG
    IMG_1190[1].JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_1189[1].JPG
    IMG_1189[1].JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1188[1].JPG
    IMG_1188[1].JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_1187[1].JPG
    IMG_1187[1].JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_1185[1].JPG
    IMG_1185[1].JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_1186[1].JPG
    IMG_1186[1].JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 216
I have the exact same gun. I modified the stock on mine some and removed the phoney patch box brass. The metal ramrod that comes with them screws in to the breech end and is about 3"-4" to short to be of much actual use. So i mod'ed mine to accept a longer wooden rod. Lock is not the best sparker but it is an accurate shooter with a .648 rd ball.

I bought this off of Gun Broker and quite frankly, I wasn't what I expected/was hoping for when I unboxed it. I contacted the seller the same day I got it, and he refused to allow me to return it. I offered to pay the full shipping back to him. I'm stating all of this upfront before anyone buys it. I don't want anyone to open this box and say "you never told me...." It's 65 caliber smooth bore. It's 49" overall with a 32" barrel. I see no markings on it other than the word Japan on the side opposite the lock. I have not shot it. I plan on building a PA style long rifle and an thinning the safe a little to fund that project. Will consider trades for, or towards, a nice parts kit. $450.00 plus shipping. Which is what I paid.

Never judge a man by his posessions. But, I may think of you different after looking through your book collection.
Chris,
Here I was just going to comment on your books by Piers Anthony when I read your last sentence😅😅😅😅😅
John

Mine came with a short, ~4 inch long, ramrod extension that is screwed onto the ramrod when you want to use it. Mine also has a functioning patchbox door. Perhaps they made changes over time. They certainly put different engraving on the lock plate. There was a pistol from the same series for sale a few days ago. I really like mine as they are fun to shoot and not so valuable or pretty that you have to worry about scratching them up. Double check the bore diameter. They come with different size markings but all seem to be .67 caliber.

Looks like the 70's "minuteman" kit by Ultra-Hi/Numrich arms.
Yeah pretty sure that's what it is....,
I got one very similar to it for doing ACW, and removed the pan and frizzen spring, and did some file work. A machinist fellow that I knew installed a drum with a nipple for a musket cap. Put a piece of metal in the jaws of the lock, and voila, cheap, Belgian CSA import. (at the time I couldn't find a hammer that would work right).
Pretty crude but a lot of what the CSA used was crude compared to the Union Army.

LD

Back