• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Breakfast, portable.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya'll need to relax and savor a bourbon & branch! :wink: :thumbsup:

Wes/Tex said:
Ya'll need to relax and savor a bourbon & branch! :wink: :thumbsup:
Again with the water (in liquid form this time)... :wink: :wink: :grin: :haha:

"When I drink water I drink water,when I drink whisky I drink whisky"...I think that came from Fitzgerald in the "Quiet Man" any way words to live by.

Actually I am mostly a whiskey drinker. Scotch and Bourbon. Rye too when I'm being period correct though it's a little hard to find these days.

In the end with a world of stouts,porters lagers black lagers,bochs ect ect I think if God wanted you to drink distilled liquors he wouldn't have created beer. In fact in the dead sea scrolls genisis Abraham servers beer and mutton chops to the angles who have come to tell him about Sodum. If its good enough for angles its good enough for me.

In 4 pages we went from breakfast in a cup.Mostly some sort of pudding(in the old sense of the word)to grul. Dallied in fried breads and premade beads.Delt with Alden's gritaphobia and his lackotasteitis then ended up with pinsol er ah gin in a cup. How we do meander.

Well we're still consuming grain it's just in a more condensd form and sasisr to carry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I brew beer. Love it. But my tummy can't hold that much of the real stuff or something. My GF, who only likes lagers (vs. ale), drinks me under the table with Coors Light -- I really don't know how she can drink so many pints of fluid. Me?

Whiskey -- bottomless pit. I really can sit there with a fifth (and maybe a can of Coke and a cigar) like in a bad Western and be content for the night and never fall off the chair.

I would not reccomend it as a breakfast. Anymore.

Wild Turkey? I do like their Bourbon... Wonder how much is actually rye vs. corn based. They're very similar liquors actually. Just so ya know, during the Rev War Americans wrote off Rum as English and went to Rye. I have a bottle of 18th C. style Old Potrero around here somewhere...

JIM BEAM still makes the exact same RYE (and to the same recipe) that they made in the 19th Century. - NOT expensive either.

MOST large distillers never re-started making rye after Prohibition, as it's more difficult than bourbon/blended whiskey to make.

yours, satx

If ya ever get a chance, try Templeton Rye. It's made in Templeton Iowa, and was supposedly Al Capone's favorite. As far as rye goes It tops my short list.

The OP was about breakfast and here we are talking booze. Knowing beer was the pre coffee breakfast drink, and our fore fathers were imbibing while doing work, this is a reasonable progression. On the other hand if tourist see us with a tankard of liquid grain or fruit for breakfast it might just give us a bad (worse) name.

OK..anything wrapped in a tortilla for eats and tequila in a wood canteen for drinks! :wink: :haha:

Tortilla? Like, pasty hominy grits made circular, gridled, and wrapped around human food!? I really don't know what's wrong with you...

The only GRITS ever worth a damn was Gresham!

You don't like totillias either?..No they have limited use for reinactors but thats like dising pizza or begals. I'm beging to you may have suffered some sort of nerve damage to your tounge os taste centers in your brain...Go see a doc now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back