• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Soak?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 bean soup is one of my favorites, washed 5 times after soaking overnight, then add ham, and onion and rice, slow cook for 4 hours then add 1 can diced tomato and cook for another hour. Most favorite though is pintos cooked with bacon slices, a can of Bud added an hour before finishing. (Obviously followed with fresh, hot cornbread and butter) ;)

If you're willing to pay a little more then try smoked ham shanks instead of ham hocks/pork hocks. Very delicious in bean dishes which are slow cooked. In California I get them at Smart & Final.

Attachments

• 1659482388926.png
    1659482388926.png
    354.5 KB · Views: 0
If you're willing to pay a little more then try smoked ham shanks instead of ham hocks/pork hocks. Very delicious in bean dishes which are slow cooked. In California I get them at Smart & Final.
I wasn't much more than knee high to a grass hopper when my next door neighbor cured hog meat. I sure wish he was still around!

15 bean soup is one of my favorites, washed 5 times after soaking overnight, then add ham, and onion and rice, slow cook for 4 hours then add 1 can diced tomato and cook for another hour. Most favorite though is pintos cooked with bacon slices, a can of Bud added an hour before finishing. (Obviously followed with fresh, hot cornbread and butter) ;)
15 Bean soup is a favorite around here. We had it last week and some sweet Italian sausage was added into the fray. Needless to say it did not last very long. That's one of those recipes that one bowl will fill you but two is necessary because it tastes so darn good!

Just made this...
Chile Bean Soup

2lbs fresh dry pinto beans
1 medium onion chopped coarse and sautéed
1 smoked ham shank
1/4 cup green chile salsa
1-1/2 packets chile seasoning mix
12oz can diced tomatoes
2tbsp tomato bullion
2tbsp Italian seasoning
2tbsp cornstarch
2tbsp Italian bread crumbs
1tbsp Kitchen Boquet
Salt and pepper to taste, after all cooking is completed (easy does it)
Combine all ingredients in 6qt pressure cooker and add water to cover to just below max fill mark.
Pressure cook 30 minutes
Break up ham shank, remove bones
Adjust basic seasoning
Eat!

20220918_18314038da558387f797fe.jpg

Can vary the ingredients to suit your own tastes. I like layers of flavors but simple can taste good, too.

Last edited:
Can vary ingredients to suit your taste😊 I make everything a one time only, as I cook by the seat of my pants and sometimes have more or less and lots of let’s try a little of this. From pot roast to stew to fried rice to paella I can’t seem to make the same twice in a row

Back