• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brass Plated Lead Round Balls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtn-Man2u

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Remington has a product out called: Brass Plated Lead Round Balls. Has any one used these round balls? I wanted to see if any one has had good results with them.

Back on 07-16-03 we talked about this, see link...

http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1273&page=4&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

balls.jpg

However, there are many new members here and we can talk about this again...

Brass Round Balls??? :: ::
I seem to recall something 'bout monkeys in the winter... :winking: :haha:
I hear that when it's cold enough... "ahem"

Well, until they start making them in .75 caliber, of course I could load up a few .310 brass balls on top of the .715 round ball...

Below is Remington's ad...
http://www.remington.com/ammo/blackpowder/bpgldnld.htm

I bought some at clearance at Walmart years ago.Didn't notice any differance target shooting.As one of my friends said,using a patch the ball never touchs the barrel anyway.

RE:Indiana immigrant
Your right about the patch. Maybe they (Remington) wanted to catch our attention, with brass plating. I've seen them around, but I can still get lead balls for a great price. :)

I shot a package of them...couldn't tell any difference from Speer or Hornady...one of them probably made them for Remington
I read somewhere that the coating was a marketing effort to "cover the lead and make lead balls safer"

Ah betchy ye could hold a half a dozen in yer mouth so's whan the injens are attakin ye can jus spit um inta the bore!

Dont have ta worry 'bout no lead posining neither cause tha brass platin will save ye from that!!

Give ye somethin ta talk 'bout when yer at the range a shootin too. "Hay Fred! How do you like my Jacketed Bullets? Yep, em are "hollowcores" what jus beats the stuff outer em hollowpoints ye been a shootin! We'uns black powder shooters are a gainin on ye in this tecknology stuff!!! Jus wait till ye see my Belted Powder Flask whats built by ole Roy Whetherbee hisself!!

Ah can see good thins ahead, Ah says! ::

Remington advertized them as a way to reduce leading. I don't believe the person who came up with that idea realized we used patches. Someone said they used Speer and Hornady brass plated balls, never heard of those, did they , in fact, make some also?

You can cut a small hole in the brass and melt the lead out, leaving a hollow brass round ball...

Now you can fill it with with things and shoot it...

Re: Brass Plated Lead Round Ball
Thanks to you all for the information, I have shot them and I had no problems with them. I have found them in one of my catologs. So if anyone wants to try them, check with these guys:
RMC MUZZELOADING
http://rmcsports.com/catalog.htm

Has anyone used them for hunting?
Thanks again for all your input, Mtn-Man2u :)

For what its worth, I shoot 'em all the time - never saw a difference in them verses the others - Except for the "Razz" factor....For years had to shoot with the guys (cuz there wasn't a whole lot of women out there to compete against & am glad that is changing) but shooting with & against the members of the Pa Flint lock Team, those gold balls were Always worth the heckling!!
Good Luck , Have fun!

ladyhawk: I glad to hear you shoot them all the time. When I got my 54cal perc T/C in '94 or '95. That's all I could find to shoot I my area. Now, everyone that sells Black Powder supplies, has lead balls for sell from other manufacturers. And you don't see brass plated balls for sell, only from mailorder.
Well take care, Mtn-Man2u :)

Just read their advertizment- WHAT A CROCK!- reduces leading- BAAAAH! never had leading in a ball gun - NEVER. What do they think the patch is for. Talk about making a product for a non-existing problem, just for the sake of an addvertizement. REDUCE LEADING_ BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!
: big dumn green machine. doesn't even rate capitals.
Daryl

:bull: I just read that add too. Bawwwwwwwww-harrrrrrrrrr
Cheesh, Americans really will buy anything! :bull:

Just read their advertizment- WHAT A CROCK!- reduces leading- BAAAAH! never had leading in a ball gun - NEVER. What do they think the patch is for.

Now I could see that being truth in advertising for a cap-and-ball revolver, other than that, maybe it's for the yuppies... (remember them?)

Comming soon, the brass plated pillow tick patch... :haha: :bull:

Latest posts

Back