• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

brass end caps on Pistols?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldarmy

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Have a set of cherry stocked pistol "kits" coming my way.
Going to use Brass furniture and have "early" furniture ordered for them.
I see where most of the early ones had a brass endcap.
Have a few questions,
Should I order brass endcaps for them?
Second, how hard are they to inlet???
there sure look like alot of angles and curves to fit :hmm:

End cap? Do you mean muzzle cap? Or the butt cap? If butt cap there are several different styles. One is a gargoyle mask, the other is pronged buttcap. The Pronged butt cap ios a pain in the you know where. The gargoyle cap isn't to bad, just takes some time.

Mike,
I mean the buttcap. Have one I bought awhile ago from TOW. It has the brass extension that I assume will go up the side of the handle.
Can I cut it off and just install the cup on the end??
Or..
I looked on line for a lion, grotequest buttcap but couldn't find any, Do you know where I might find a couple
"Thoughts on the American flintlock Pistol" by S.E.Dyke
Show's buttcaps on most of the early, middle peroid pistols.
That is the style I plan on building.
Regards
Mike

You could trim the prongs off. Check out who's running Bill Kennedy's old business, He's got the buttcaps you're looking for.

Latest posts

Back