• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

sheet brass end cap used to fix stock to barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my way of using a Ted Cash sheet metal part to secure the end of the barrel to the stock on a Kentucky type Pedersoli pistol stock. The cap is inletted and fitted as required. It is bedded in an epoxy walnut (in this case) sanding dust mixture. A precision machined block is fitted to the cap and hard soldered in place. Hole is drilled in cap through block and is counter bored with flat surface for shoulder on screw to fit. Barrel is installed into stock. Hole for screw is spotted. Barrel is then drilled, and hole is made flat on the bottom then tapped with 2 taps, one as a starter and another with the tip ground off as a bottomer for 8-32 modified screw from junk carburetor.

Attachments

• IMG_3334.JPG
    IMG_3334.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3335.JPG
    IMG_3335.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3336.JPG
    IMG_3336.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Here is my way of using a Ted Cash sheet metal part to secure the end of the barrel to the stock on a Kentucky type Pedersoli pistol stock. The cap is inletted and fitted as required. It is bedded in an epoxy walnut (in this case) sanding dust mixture. A precision machined block is fitted to the cap and hard soldered in place. Hole is drilled in cap through block and is counter bored with flat surface for shoulder on screw to fit. Barrel is installed into stock. Hole for screw is spotted. Barrel is then drilled, and hole is made flat on the bottom then tapped with 2 taps, one as a starter and another with the tip ground off as a bottomer for 8-32 modified screw from junk carburetor.
If it works for you, great. I prefer to attach the end cap to the stock. Use a couple of simple copper or brass rivets to hold it in place.

Latest posts

Back