• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brad Emig Cabin Creek Muzzleloading

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had lock and trigger work done on a double flint shotgun. Brad could not have been better in terms of communication (both quality and time taken to discuss the project), price, quality of the work, and turnaround time (app 2 weeks). I'll certainly be using Cabin Creek in the future.

A few years back I had a similar build not from Emig. It drug out to the point I told the guy either send me the gun I ordered and paid for or send me the money back, gave him a deadline of 6 months to complete the transaction. Or the next time we communicated it would be face to face. 4 1/2 months later the gun showed up and yes it was a 3-year wait, before it got to that point. Lesson learnt now Find a good builder close to home, visit the builder work out the particulars in person, some builders once their names get out a bit just naturally assume God like status in their own minds. Thats when it's time to move to a different builder. I have a few custom builds and they were either bought finished or from a builder near me.

This is a january created thread. Curious as to if resolved......OP not been here since mid june?
Maybe the o.p., @54Rndball did go and try to deal with the Emigs face to face,,,,, and lost 🤷‍♂️

😆😆😆

I agree with many though that he should come back here and update things, even to say that for legal reasons he can't say anything yet. But,,,, he doesn't, "need to," as some have suggested.

As for Brad Emig defending himself here? Is he even a member? Does he or other workers in his shop have time for that? Would it be great to get his side of the story? But, this also isn't the place for the debate that would most likely ensue....... we have far more petty things to squabble and not listen to eachother about.

And in absolute fairness, Cabin Creek should explain themselves. A call out post goes both ways. The OP's viewpoint and the call outee's point of view. Even with my first post being 100% percent true in my opinion, I would say IN THIS CASE the burden of proof rests on the OP's shoulders, as this is the first time I've heard of a problem from the Emigs. But maybe the OP is telling the truth. Until the accuser or the accusee speaks, we will never know.
Why? This is not a court of law. And where is the op? Seems he’s disparaged a company and then disappeared.

Maybe the o.p., @54Rndball did go and try to deal with the Emigs face to face,,,,, and lost 🤷‍♂️

😆😆😆

I agree with many though that he should come back here and update things, even to say that for legal reasons he can't say anything yet. But,,,, he doesn't, "need to," as some have suggested.

As for Brad Emig defending himself here? Is he even a member? Does he or other workers in his shop have time for that? Would it be great to get his side of the story? But, this also isn't the place for the debate that would most likely ensue....... we have far more petty things to squabble and not listen to eachother about.
If he did what was to lose, either give me back the money, give me the gun or I sue you for fraud, but before that I go to the local law enforcement file a charge for theft, and depending on the amount involved perhaps grand theft. If it would go south as you are assuming, well the old saying is ask for peace but be prepared for war. I do hope everything worked out for both parties involved.

Regadless of where the truth really is ... I hate to hear of such trials and tribulations.

I too once got stung by a custom builder of bows, who's prices went up so high that he started selling them faster to people who paid twice what my contract was for, versus completing the bows for people who paid the 50% down payment at the much lower pricing. I called him out on it an he flatly said "You'll never get your bow .. !" It took years and getting the US Post Master General's office involved, but I ended up getting my deposit and triple damages back, as we proved postal fraud ...

If he had my $3K for 5 years I would be looking for one of those $69.00 fares from SW airlines and go see him with the sherrif. He would pay bacj every penny with interest and the airfare or I would attempt to have him arrested. HOWEVER. You have apparently been in contact several times and until now the delay has been accepted? Another memebr here doing services also had a 5YR repair going but the customer was aware and aparently was aslo deleinquient in replyes etc. Need more info but I would want the $$ back RIGHT NOW, get ya 2 Kiblers with carving and a bottle of yer favorite sipping whiskey. Like to hear from the guy though. 2 sides to every story but if he was hurt in a car accident and CANNOT fulfil the deal he needs to man up and fed ex early AM delivery every penny and maybe interest?

Some of ya all have way more patience than I, it's my weakness:oops:
I have zero patience when it comes to this sort of thing.

Maybe this potentially slanderous thread should be closed and deleted. I’ve never dealt with Cabin Creek or Mr. Emig but have little use for people throwing out accusations without providing proof and potentially destroying someone’s good name. If the allegations are true then give us more information.

54Rndball "Where are you?!
1692026234862.png

I paid him a $3,000 deposit several years ago for a semi-custom flintlock rifle and he has not fulfilled the contract. There were many excuses for not completing his work over the years, including being injured in a car accident! He promised the rifle would be finished in 2018. More recently, he fails to respond to messages. I would definitely not recommend Brad Emig as a gun maker.

Don
Wow. If true, you should demand immediate refund. I've always read this shop has a good rep. Never dealt myself w/ them. Get your money back, even if you have to have a lawyer simply send a letter; that gets people's attention.

Maybe this potentially slanderous thread should be closed and deleted. I’ve never dealt with Cabin Creek or Mr. Emig but have little use for people throwing out accusations without providing proof and potentially destroying someone’s good name. If the allegations are true then give us more information.
Or, maybe someone should reach out to Mr. Emig, alert him to the topic, providing a link, and politely ask for his side of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back