• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thank you Brad at Cabin Creek !

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road_Clam

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Bought a new Pedersoli Harper's Ferry .58 cal flintlock about 2 years ago and was totally dissapointed at the lock performance right out of the box. I would be lucky to get 5 out of 9 ignitions. Seems i'm not alone. Many complaints about poor lock design. I contacted Pedersoli customer support, and basically was told in kind words "screw you, The Harper's Ferry locks work as they should". So moving forward Pedersoli get's an F for customer support IMO. I got in contact with Brad over at Cabin Creek, and what a GREAT knowledgeable guy to deal with. He specifically told me the budget import Pedersoli locks have issues. Some he can tweak, some he can't. Sent my complete pistol to Brad and about 3 weeks later and a VERY reasonable $230 the pistol now performs MUCH better. Got to the range today and got off 11 out of 12 ignitions. The only misfire i'm sure was all me as I rushed the loading process. Brad, reworked the hammer geometry and reground and hardened my frizzen (which was badly gouged from the original poor geometry). Some pics of Brads nice work :

Back