• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brad Emig Cabin Creek Muzzleloading

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

54Rndball

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I paid him a $3,000 deposit several years ago for a semi-custom flintlock rifle and he has not fulfilled the contract. There were many excuses for not completing his work over the years, including being injured in a car accident! He promised the rifle would be finished in 2018. More recently, he fails to respond to messages. I would definitely not recommend Brad Emig as a gun maker.

Don

Last edited:
Some in the business take the “deposit” money and don’t produce (a crime in some states). I had a similar experience (not with Brad). Find craftsmen who put your name in their book and only ask for money when they start building your rifle (this is called honesty).

I paid him a $3,000 deposit several years ago for a semi-custom flintlock rifle and he has not fulfilled the contract. There were many excuses for not completing his work over the years, including being injured in a car accident! He promised the rifle would be finished in 2018. More recently, he fails to respond to messages. I would definitely not recommend Brad Emig as a gun maker.

Don
When's the court date?

If he had my $3K for 5 years I would be looking for one of those $69.00 fares from SW airlines and go see him with the sherrif. He would pay bacj every penny with interest and the airfare or I would attempt to have him arrested. HOWEVER. You have apparently been in contact several times and until now the delay has been accepted? Another memebr here doing services also had a 5YR repair going but the customer was aware and aparently was aslo deleinquient in replyes etc. Need more info but I would want the $$ back RIGHT NOW, get ya 2 Kiblers with carving and a bottle of yer favorite sipping whiskey. Like to hear from the guy though. 2 sides to every story but if he was hurt in a car accident and CANNOT fulfil the deal he needs to man up and fed ex early AM delivery every penny and maybe interest?

Some of ya all have way more patience than I, it's my weakness:oops:

This right here is why I will NEVER again purchase a 'custom' rifle sight unseen.

Nothing in this post is in anyway derogatory to Cabin Creek Muzzleloading. I personally have never had any dealings with them.

I paid 50% down on a rifle to be built that took a bit longer than it should. No, I did not hassle the builder. When he finally called and said the rifle is done, I paid the remaining 50% as agreed upon. I did get a rifle. It was absolutely horrible. It was so bad that I ultimately cut it up with a sawzall and disposed of it. It was unusable as delivered. The 'builder' claimed it was his 'Mona Lisa' and was faultless. I ate the $1500+ and moved on with life (almost 20 years ago, figure inflation!). His bad dealings soon cost him his business, as it should of. My experiences and the MANY, MANY others who have been either screwed or received something, but not useable has lead me to NOT commissioning any rifle ever again. If I can't handle and see it in person, I don't buy unless it's a production arm from a leading supplier.

Sue him in your state, and pay the extra money to have a local sheriff serve him the summons. I have done this before with great success, and it's very unfortunate when some don't do what they should do. It is theft, and should be treated as such.

Nothing to be sorry about. Poor form on the OP's part to start a negative thread like this and not come back and indicate resolution. You were not the one to bring the thread back up. The OP needs to document resolution, not us.
I would agree, Big name muzzleloader builder being called out. Needs the OP to come back and explain, OR the Emig's come on here and explain their point of view.

Totally out of character for Cabin Creek. They have built for me, performed repairs, fixed issues of my own making without charge, and have done lock work. There must be things the OP has not told us that need saying.

5 year wait ? Bad comms ? How fancy a rifle did you order ? How many change orders ?

OP needs to to explain his complaints.

Totally out of character for Cabin Creek. They have built for me, performed repairs, fixed issues of my own making without charge, and have done lock work. There must be things the OP has not told us that need saying.

5 year wait ? Bad comms ? How fancy a rifle did you order ? How many change orders ?

OP needs to to explain his complaints.
And in absolute fairness, Cabin Creek should explain themselves. A call out post goes both ways. The OP's viewpoint and the call outee's point of view. Even with my first post being 100% percent true in my opinion, I would say IN THIS CASE the burden of proof rests on the OP's shoulders, as this is the first time I've heard of a problem from the Emigs. But maybe the OP is telling the truth. Until the accuser or the accusee speaks, we will never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back