• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BEWARE OF FEDEX AND COLLECTING TEXAS.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drivers change routes and FedEx changes drivers like most people change skivvies. One of my 3 local drivers, the only one worth a darn (he is a nice guy and takes his job seriously) told me they get paid by the packages delivered as well as a set pay. He said large packages will languish at centers as drivers will intentionally not take them as it takes room in the truck for many smaller packages.

He also told me that if a package is longer than normal or significantly longer than wider, it is almost guaranteed that it will get stepped on and bent or broken.

When my damaged eBike showed up, the good driver was the delivery guy that day and he spent the time to let me photograph the crate, moved it around so I could take the pictures and pointed out what may have cause the damage as well as took copious notes on the damage himself when I refused delivery. Tipped the fellow $20 for his lost income and troubles.

Also don't confuse UPS Stores for UPS.. they are a sub-contracted service provider to UPS and are NOT covered by same rules as common carriers. UPS will accept firearms at their shipping sites that are usually attached to their distribution centers, the UPS Stores do not and will even refuse to ship firearm parts if they "know" that is what you are shipping.

Now I know some UPS Stores are gun-friendly and that is simply because the franchisee/owner of the store is ignoring the UPS Store corporate rules to make a living.

Sign up for a Fed Ex account even if you don't use them. Others do. You can specify where you want your package left. If it isn't left where you want, call and complain. Call even if you don't have an account. Fed Ex left a package of medical supplies in our driveway during an all day rain. I didn't find it until the next morning. After getting an account all packages are left on the front porch. Remember the USPS also delivers some Fed Ex and UPS items.

I have a recurring issue with Fedex leaving packages at my garage door, blocking entry exit of vehicles. Had several packages run over backing out. I'm disabled and need access to my garage to get out of the vehicle. I've posted signs to not leave packages in front of the garage door but that hasn't helped.

I've complained through Better Business Bureau and the federal Americans with Disabilities Act complaint website. Fedex customer relations gets a call from me several time a month after a delivery. Many apologies and replies that the local dispatch was notified and drivers were advised, but no change in behavior. They never stick around long enough for me to refuse a damaged package and finding a Fedex storefront where I live in order to return something is like trying to catch a fart in the wind.

Most recently they left a $400 electronic gadget I ordered sitting at the garage directly under the do not block sign...in the rain 🤬. Shipper sent me a return label through UPS, insurance claim was filed, and a new item was dispatched...through Fedex😖. Sure enough they left it in front of the garage door on New Years eve...and it was raining again🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I am not a fan of Fedex.
FedEx left a $$$$ M1D Sniper rifle from the CMP on my porch for the world to see. Much to my surprise I had signed for it too. Those SOBs also delivered a tank of R22 I "signed for" at a neighbor's house. I raised Hell with FEDEX about my signature and no Freon and was assured they would get back back to me. Neighbor found it in their driveway and called me that evening. Never heard a word from FEDEX... YMMV

Has anyone ever successfuly filed and won a claim against fedex? This is what happens when you order from Collecting Texas and use fedex. I've never seen such a devastating injury to a rifle.....loss of words. Word to the wise, USE STIFFENERS IN YOUR PACKAGE!
Ordered a #209 Pedersoli primer adapter 2 day express been 8 days now, still no part. These companies are selling out to big brother. The 2A is under attack so this will probably become the new Normal for the future!

Has anyone ever successfuly filed and won a claim against fedex? This is what happens when you order from Collecting Texas and use fedex. I've never seen such a devastating injury to a rifle.....loss of words. Word to the wise, USE STIFFENERS IN YOUR PACKAGE!
Collecting Texas ,what is the seller/shipper saying about your problems?

I know it doesn't help the immediate problem, but I've never had issues like that with USPS. I always insist that sellers use them, and am willing to pay more for it.

Their insurance actually pays out, without much of a hassle, they can geo-track deliveries if something goes wrong and find out where your package went. I've ordered hundreds of thousands of dollars of stuff for my business through USPS, and the only problem I've ever had was a package or two being delivered to my neighbors, both times I called USPS, and within minutes a postal supervisor went out and got my stuff back and brought it to me.

It's exceedingly rare that I receive damaged packages from USPS. Sometimes the boxes are a little dinged up, but never crushed or broken.

I remember the FedEx truck pulling up to my house one day. I was eagerly awaiting the delivery of a gorgeous original paint 1941 Westfield tank bicycle that I purchased from a collector from California. As the driver maneuvered the box to the edge of the truck door he dropped it on to the road. Granted it was an accident as it slipped from his grasp but it still happened. My heart sank when I saw that huge box fall in slow motion. Luck has it that thanks to the excellent thick packing material used no damage was done.
If all fails for you then if a credit card was used a dispute can be filed and you should recover your loss.

Collecting Texas ,what is the seller/shipper saying about your problems?
Called me a liar when I showed him the pictures. Offered me a refund but at my own shipping expense. Would have been $150 in the hole for shipping alone.

I think part of this is also the seller's fault for not packaging that better. I got a ramrod from Track of the Wolf, and they had taped it to some super rigid cardboard "brackets". There was absolutely no way it was going to break, regardless of the amount of damage from shipping.

I wouldn't use FedEx without a rebar cage in the box.

Called me a liar when I showed him the pictures. Offered me a refund but at my own shipping expense. Would have been $150 in the hole for shipping alone.
USPS does flat rate, and has no issues shipping muzzleloader parts.

It was about $40 to ship my SxS with them. Get some cardboard and make a box that fits well, bring it into the post office and ask them the cheapest way to get it to wherever it needs to go. I guarantee it won't be anywhere near $150.

Yes, that surprised me the way a hickory ramrod was shipped. I was expecting a tube like a fishing rod comes in. When I opened the long box I had to marvel at how smartly it was packaged.

But Fedex ranks numero uno with me in the poor shape their packages are delivered in.

I filed a claim in small claims court, my contention was, the UPS store was my agent. They did not support me, damaged insured package, I wasn’t after UPS but one of their UPS stores
I won my claim before court, we were at the door to the court house just walking in, UPS told the agent to pay the damages
Win some, lose some

Collecting Texas should fire their packaging guy. Anyone who ever shipped a muzzleloader should know that packaging like that shown won't cut it.

We get lots of deliveries, mostly by FedEx, never had any problems. The driver always rings the door bell after delivering the package.

I filed a claim in small claims court, my contention was, the UPS store was my agent. They did not support me, damaged insured package, I wasn’t after UPS but one of their UPS stores
I won my claim before court, we were at the door to the court house just walking in, UPS told the agent to pay the damages
Win some, lose some
The lawyers time was probably worth more than the package was.

Everyone I know who has brought something like that to small claims court has had it settled out before even walking in the door. If they lose in court, they usually have to pay you for your attorneys, their attorneys, your wasted time, AND the damage.

FedEx left a $$$$ M1D Sniper rifle from the CMP on my porch for the world to see. Much to my surprise I had signed for it too. Those SOBs also delivered a tank of R22 I "signed for" at a neighbor's house. I raised Hell with FEDEX about my signature and no Freon and was assured they would get back back to me. Neighbor found it in their driveway and called me that evening. Never heard a word from FEDEX... YMMV
Funny you mention that. Fedex dropped.off my 4lbs of BP the other day on my steps... even signed for it too since I wasnt home...

Shipping, transportation of goods. Maybe our Secretary of Transportation should open an investigation across the board to address how shippers like FedEx, UPS, USPS and the like handle packages, or better yet honor insurance claims on damaged goods. That's if he's not too busy taking maternity leave or vacation.

I had powder dropped off a few weeks ago by UPS and I didn't sign for it.
I think there's a lot of latitude taken these days because it wasn't that long ago when there was no contact between driver and customer. Sig req'd or not.

All great wisdom and precautions. These FEDEX monkeys are true
box slingers. I offer extra shipping payment for good packing and
extra for insurance. Try to pick-up in person if not too far off. I have had
my shipped stuff go to distant neighbors and had an Uber driver bring me
another (lucky a phone was on it) package sitting along the highway.
I offered the Uber twenty to bring it to me. Here are the facts, the general
work ethic: "to do your best job" is rare these days. 30 years ago those
involved in shipping were largely dedicated to hard work and good
service. Today, due to the decay of morals, count yourself lucky if
you even get it. Super lucky if everything arrives in good condition.

Latest posts

Back