• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best Made muzzle loaders?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stand corrected. Please forgive me, I had my head up my A$$. Sorry about that.

Sorry I have been gone fer a couple of days. TVM is Tennessee vally muzzleloaders. I don't know their email but just type it in it will pop up
I shoot greenmtnbarrels. after 200 rounds they are calmed down and broke in, all!! my guns shoot half to three quarter inch groups at 50 yrds and inch, inch and a half at 100yrds.

Just about every one has a favorite, check out all of their suggestion then check on as many as you can. Remember that the rifle is only as good as the person who is shooting it. I have put on a number of turkey shoots and at 50 to a hundred yards my old lyman 54 GPR will out shoot most of the moderns. Makes them mad as heck too. And the darn thing looks pretty nice but one mans treasure is another mans junk.
Bob :winking:

IMHO, the best VALUE in a traditional ML gun is Chuck Edwards.

Chuck will build anything you want, for less than $3,000. In the areas of quality, reliability, and authenticity, Chuck's guns can't be beat.
[url] http://www.longrifles.homestead.com/[/url]
J.D.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to cost you little more than a grand but try John Bergmann at [email protected] or landline him at (931) 268-6066. He is a contemporary rifle maker whose works you can see in the Track of the Wolf catalog. He does excellent work and is a great guy to boot!!

Some builders will provide a gun for 1500 bucks when the identical gun by an established name bulider will charge $5000, I think it would be hard to beat a set of Chambers parts put together by a veteran builder/gun historian..I threw in the last part as many of the top dollar guns do not follow that which we know from a historical perspective to be accurate.

tg, I'll agree with you in regards to the high prices from well known and established gun builders. Lets face it, these guys are artists in a sense and they are well known in their field. That's why you do a lot of leg work making phone calls to find out about other less known but quality gun builders who adhere to authenticity. Which leads to my disagreement with you concerning your statement that many top dollar guns are lacking in historical correctness.
I guess my challenge to you is this, would you tell Jud Brennan, Bill Shipman, or Peter Alexander to give a few names that the rifles they produce are historically incorrect?

Back