• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Diy shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not, nay-saying, at all, but
What do you mean? You say;
"get a 12ga barrel and make your own to fit your stock,,,".(?)
Is the barrel supposed to be made to fit the stock, or is the stock supposed to be made to fit the barrel?
Wanna know what is really "priceless"? Yourself, your family, your friends,,,, all enjoying a long and healthy life. Not coming up short because of Bubba and his works.
You seem to be wanting to start a argument .So I will just say you should be smart enough to know how to make a stock and barrel fit without me telling you And I never said other things were not priceless just the self satisfaction of doing things yourself I am not sure how making your own gun is called bubba work .A lot of people on this forum make and repair guns everyday and we have not harmed ourselves or others so fare just saying Also I never singled you or anyone else as a nay sayer so I don't know where you got that I was speaking of or to you'

From fooling around all my life with shotguns, modern, classic doubles, etc. I find the most important thing about shotguns is the stock must fit you. The LOP, drop at the comb and drop at the heel make a huge difference in how the gun will throw its pattern. Many old classic doubles are useless as shooters because they have too much drop in them. A rifle stock may not have enough.

So I will just say you should be smart enough to know how to make a stock and barrel fit without me telling you.
Your right. This IS the Gun Builders section. And what you are sharing with that statement is the truth.
I am NOT a gun-builder.
But I am willing to share concerns with other novice about the true aspect of "Gun Building" in the consideration of the OP's topic.
It is generally considered that a 50cal rifle barrel won't be capable of going too 12ga.
I'm sorry, I saw your post to the OP to avoid "nay-sayers", as encouragement to proceed.

I see them on ebay a couple times a year. They have a screw in choke. Also. I believe it’s Toledo arms made a drop in 12 gauge barrel for t/c guns. I see them for sale from time to time

I bought a new 20-ga modern barrel for a break open single shot shotgun. Cut off breech, installed breechplug and drum. Used two maple 3/4 boards laminated together for stock. Percussion CVA lock. Ugly but shoot good and I have a total of $100 invested.
Pic PLEASE!

Back