• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best cap and ball revolver under $500?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Uberti 1858 Remington has a dove tailed front sight and allows for windage adjustment. Its pretty hard to beat for the price.
Just got my two new Pietta Remingtons from EMF. One standard, one Sheriff's model. Both have dovetailed front sights. At $234 each, including an extra cylinder for each gun - they're a pretty good deal.

Smokey
I purchased a blued ROA at a local gun show for under $400. I was able to look it over and see that it had just normal wear and tear, no rust. Bought it, fired it, worked fine.
There are several gun shows each year in my area. Just a few muzzleloaders at each show. Never know what your going to find. Underhammers, hawkens, custom rifles and pistols, shotguns. I usually ask to run a patch down the barrel before I buy. I bring along a bore light and oiled patches, jags. I only buy if the price is reasonable and there is no rust or bulges in the barrel. I still look at the expensive ones but do not buy. Its fun to go to the shows even if you don't find a bargain.

Latest posts

Back