• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ballistics of the 17thC matchlock musket - by capandball...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes agreed, Balázs Németh, who operates a gun and reloading shop in Budapest, Hungary, does some really entertaining and informative videos!

Come to think of it ... I don't I've seen anything (method, material, etc.) yet that I can disagree with ...

He is only the part-operator of Kapszli guns - his brother also helps to run it. Dr Németh's teaches military history at the Public Service University of Budapest's Faculty of Military Science and Officer Training. He has a particular interest in the infantry tactics and firearms history of the mid-19th century. He is the organiser for the MLAIC, gold and silver medal shooter in national and international muzzleloading competitions and noted author on historical arms. He is also an author and co-author of many technical and scientific studies on the design and development of firearms of the Austro-Hungarian period of history, as well as early phases of firearms development.

Last edited:
He is only the part-operator of Kapszli guns - his brother also helps to run it. Dr Németh's teaches military history at the Public Service University of Budapest's Faculty of Military Science and Officer Training. He has a particular interest in the infantry tactics and firearms history of the mid-19th century. He is the organiser for the MLAIC, gold and silver medal shooter in national and international muzzleloading competitions and noted author on historical arms. He is also an author and co-author of many technical and scientific studies on the design and development of firearms of the Austro-Hungarian period of history, as well as early phases of firearms development.
He's recently posted some more videos on competitive precision shooting with muzzleloaders and that looks like a very difficult sport.

For his books, I think he even has one or two osprey books in English.

Visited his shop a few years ago while working just outside Budapest. He wasn't there but I spent a good couple hours talking to the staff, very friendly and knowledgeable gentlemen, unfortunately a rarity in gunshops in the USA that I've encountered.

Back