• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BALL WEIGHT

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the weight of a round ball for the brown bess?70 cal right?T-REX hunting anyone? :grin:

crowhop,
Sorry no one answered you. Welcome to the forum. I know that the .690 ball weighs 495 grains. That is more than an ounce. It has deadly penetration with 100 grains of 2fg out of a twelve gauge smoothie, from my experience. I don't know what the .715 or .735 weighs, but I do know that as the ball size goes up in that range it increases the weight considerably. I hope this helps a little.
YHWH bless.
volatpluvia

CROWHOP said:
OK Ill search for it on the net.

You must remember that not everyone is on the forum at the same time, most people here are more than willing to help once they find your post and read it...

hey sorry.just used to other forums.when you ask something you get no response 75 veiws or one reply and 75 veiws.this place is great .i do apprecciate the help

CROWHOP said:
hey sorry.just used to other forums.when you ask something you get no response 75 veiws or one reply and 75 veiws.this place is great .i do apprecciate the help

Nothing to worry about, you will find out that mostly all members on this forum are more than happy to help in a civil way, that is what sets us apart from the rest...

Back