• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ball size for Remington Navy .36

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charliek

36 Cal.
Reaction score
What size do ball you all use for this pistol? .380s fail to cut a ring when I load them.

Charliek

Are you sure they are .380s? Like Mykeal, I use .375s in mine and a ring is cut off when loading them. Any C&B 36 caliber revolver that I know uses 375 balls.

Is the revolver new, or could it have had its chamber mouths beveled by a prior owner. I've seen some C&B revolvers were the mouth of the chambers had this done so the ball doesn't shave a ring but still gives a good seal. Like the other two replies, my Remington .36 (Pietta) shaves a ring off of either a .375" or a .380" ball.

Thanks to all of you, and you are correct. I had just received a new bag of .380 balls (so called).
The one I happened to choose for testing turned out to be undersized. Another from the same batch mikes .3805 and cuts a nice ring. Looks like I'll have to mike all the rest in the bag.

Charliek

My .36 Remington style revolver did not do well with .375 balls. They did not shave lead, and did not want to stay seated. Also because of that it was not reliably accurate, depending if it was seated good or not. Went to .380 balls and a big difference in accuracy, and it now shaves a ring and stays seated. Guess there is some difference in .36 revolvers.

Howdy Folks,
I got this on the Uberti website under FAQ:

Question:
What size ball do I use in my revolver?

Answer:
.31 caliber revolvers use a .330 ball.
.36 caliber revolvers use a .380 ball.
.44 caliber revolvers use a .454 ball.

Back