• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ball boards

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunkskinner

50 Cal.
Reaction score
These are some that i made years ago and some last week. Cocobolo, tineo and black and white ebony are my favorite woods.... so far. These are sealed with linseed oil but not stained.

walnut, leopard , blood wood, puple heart, cocobolo, black and white ebony, east indian rose wood, curly maple, south american tineo and pistacheo.

DSCN1413.jpg

Excellent ball boards for sure...I've used a B&W Ebony in .54cal to reload after a Buck, then a Doe this season...

:hatsoff:

Forgot these three. Left and middle ones are for the .75 bess, picture doesn't look like it but it is like holding on to a 2X4.

DSCN1420.jpg

Just curious :hmm: does the "curved pattern" BB work any better than a "straight (inline) pattern" BB?
I have only made and used "straight pattern" BBs, but I have seen many on here use the "curved pattern". :idunno:

Speaking for myself, from a pure technical point of view, I doubt I could make the case that the curved ones 'work better'.
But my personal observations are that they seem to fit my hand better, so they 'seem' like they work better...and I think the curved shape adds some eye appeal, some character.

What wood is the bottom one in the middle row? That's some purty cool grain.
That Tineo is purty too. Don't believe I ever heard of that before. Did you stain it that color or is that the way it comes?

Bretwalda , one must have "Style" while out in the back woods :rotf:

I agree with Roundball, it just fits the hand better.

Jethro, it's a leopard wood i think. I bought that wood some years ago.

Well, Skunkskinner, ya wasted yer time, they're about the ugliest stoopidest things I ever seen!!!

Sorry, I just didn't think I'd have room to write all the words to say how beautiful those boards are. They are GORGEOUS for sure.

It might be a good idea to put 'em up for sale right here in the classified forum. You'd probably have to limit one to a customer. They'd sell like hotcakes, and every buyer would be extremely pleased to have one. I know I would be.

Latest posts

Back