• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bag makers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushfire

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone got recommendations for bag makers?

Thinking of getting either a belt bag or a double bag so I'm not swapping between calibre bits and bobs constantly.

Thanks

The Leatherman muzzle loading bags
This is mine-excellent quality
leatherman 2.jpg

If money is an issue , and you wish to buy an inexpensive shot pouch and customize it yourself , Crazy Crow has a web catalog with several inexpensive kits , and finished pouches. They also have the run of the mill expensive pouches for those well blessed. Another website is Mountain Top Trading Co. on line catalog . Prices are good ,and good selection. For my tastes , I like to buy a pouch , a kit , or finished pouch , under $50, and modify it to my specs.. ..................oldwood

Appreciate the replies fellas, but I’m after a custom bag maker. Something made in the states by hand to my specifications is what I’m looking for.

I think the OP is looking for a craftsman that he can talk to and get a custom bag made to his specifications, The Leatherman has nice bags but to my knowledge you can not talk to him and get him to make anything out of his ordinary bags.

He will not even make a custom sling for a Jaeger I have, I know, I tried.

Surely there is someone who will at least try to make a bag for the OP to his specs.

Look up Po-boy Luke. His bags are top notch and he makes excellent single and double pouches. He is on the CLA site, Skills of the 18th century site, etc. A google search should find him. He has a facebook page called PoBoy leather.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Look up Po-boy Luke. His bags are top notch and he makes excellent single and double pouches. He is on the CLA site, Skills of the 18th century site, etc. A google search should find him. He has a facebook page called PoBoy leather.
Ohio Rusty ><>
PoBoy no longer takes commission work unfortunately.

There are bag makers selling bags on this forum every day!
If you don't see what you want, contact one or all of the makers with your plans, and see what they would charge. The more details you can show, the better for the estimates.
I bought a great bag and scrimshawed horn from Hawkeye Hugo, and I couldn't be more pleased!
Good luck with your search!

There are bag makers selling bags on this forum every day!
If you don't see what you want, contact one or all of the makers with your plans, and see what they would charge. The more details you can show, the better for the estimates.
I bought a great bag and scrimshawed horn from Hawkeye Hugo, and I couldn't be more pleased!
Good luck with your search!
Thanks.

Back