• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bacon Grease

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not THAT corrosive it dosn,t seep into the barrel in any normal use no worse that the powder. Ive never use Pyrodex ect so I cant speak for them sorts , I've carried my rifles days at a time with out problems . Rudyard
Yer right! the results of having a pork fat lube far outweighs any rusting that might occur when you are using it in a zombie attack situation.
Merry Christmas.

This is a gimmick like "Global Climate Change". The diagnosis "High Chloesterol" is used nearly universally by medial providers these days. It ensures that they get a recurrent income from repeat blood testing and "follow-up" visits. whether they get any return from pharma for the prescription drug sales is anybody's guess. There is No one-to-one link between this treatment and cardiac health. In diabetes, for example, there is. You fail to take your insulin properly, you die.
It's all I can do to restrain myself and stay within forum requirements. 🤣

I just put a little bacon grease on my cast iron skillet, followed by 2 eggs and 2 slices of bologna. Got em cooked up, put between 2 slices of bread and 2 slices of American cheese. Added a little more bacon grease to the skillet and fried the sammich. So dang good! That’s why I’m sitting here on the interweb instead of doing something outside.
Man I love fried bologna, my Mother called it Hillbilly steak and made it often.
I can't tell you how many sandwiches I've eaten just like that on Millbrook bread!

I have some old bacon grease in the fridge, and the weather outside is damp. I'm going to go out in the shop and take a piece of steel, clean all the oil off it and rub a bunch of bacon grease on it to see how bad it rusts.
Now yer talkin’!

An objective, controlled experiment. I am interested in the results and look forward to reading the results.

Notchy Bob

I have this in refrigerator. Have to buy it in Ohio, can't find it locally in SE PA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231224_100418_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231224_100418_Chrome.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 0
I'm going to go out in the shop and take a piece of steel, clean all the oil off it and rub a bunch of bacon grease on it to see how bad it rusts.
Like Bob, I'm interested in the results. I predict little, if any, rust. Chem students chime in please, but if there is rust, where did/would the oxygen come from for the oxidation? The grease is excluding air, but...

When I was a kid, Mom used bacon grease in about half of her cooking and all of her baking. So I do to.
Right now there's over 40 lbs. of bacon in my freezer and several tubs of grease.
If you bake your own bread at home, whether from scratch or frozen dough, brush the inside of your
bread pans with bacon grease before you put the dough in.
For wilted lettuce salad just fry up bacon till crispy chop it up and add it to the lettuce and diced onion.
Toss and drizzle some of that grease over it and toss some more. Then drizzle it with the sugar and
vinegar mix. When is summer going to get here?
I like to fry mine up in a GF Grill. Have a large one that's a big rectangular shape. Cut bacon in half, take
three 1/2 strips from this end and three from the other get basket wove into a square double layer.
Four of those fit in the GF Grill. The grease tray fills up fast so I needed and better plan. Found a cheap
nonstick cake pan that would just fit between the legs. Had to cut it down on the sides and back so it will
slide under the grill. The last time I went on a bacon bender I fried up 8 lbs non stop out in the garage.
The pan was only half full when I was done.
Oh yeah, last time I was at the Dr.'s office for a check up and to go over my blood test results, Everything
was perfect. As a matter of fact he told me that my numbers are better then his. He's 25 years younger
and 70 lbs lighter then me.

My paternal grand parents for breakfast , drank pots of coffee , ate home raised eggs , and store bought bacon all their lives , and died in their 90's. The chinese covid poison , and preventative shots , are far worse than bacon grease , and a couple eggs.
I often think about Soldiers in the 1860’s eating hard tack, salt pork, bacon, sleeping on the ground, living to 90+. Nobody told them it was bad for you.

Man I love fried bologna, my Mother called it Hillbilly steak and made it often.
I can't tell you how many sandwiches I've eaten just like that on Millbrook bread!
Our local butcher shop made an excellent red rind steak from Elk. I’ve never tasted a commercial version that was better. Fried in bacon grease or smoked? Heaven.

Back