• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Armi Sports Flinter??????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyfisher76544

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Saw them on the Possibles shop and I haven't heard of them. Anyone got any info on them? Saw that they had a nice lookin' kentucky on there but...you know a little questionable about the company. Already searched and nada....thanks

Don't know much about their Kentucky style rifles, but they are real big into CW rifles. They have a very good well made and functional product line with Enfields, Springfields and such. Own a couple and very pleased.
[url] http://www.armisport.com/eng/menuAS.asp[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Armi sport kentucky, and had to convert it into a percussion, as I found no way to get the flintlock to work at all (too small i guess),
it shoots ok, groups nicely (shoots better than I aim), but i dont like the trigger, too heavy, and I've been advised not to work on it as the material is weird (small metal beads 'baked' together, what is the word?) and is likely to get worn down fast if the surface hardening is removed.

bottom line: nice rifle in percussion, not so nice in flint.

Leadbyte.

I have an Armsport(same company?) Hawken in .50 cal. The lock was poorly inletted in the wood, and the internals of the lock were binding. The hammer was dragging the side of the stock, and the nipple to hammer face alignment was WAY out of whack. The rifle refuses to shoot straight, although it is fairly consistent(may need a new crown...).

May not be the same company; mine looks identical to the current "Cabela's Hawken".
FWIW.

ArmiSport Kentucky has fast rifling twist 1:32". It is much better for bullet. Lock is not reliable.

Here is my experience with Armi sport guns.
I bought a 1874 Sharps back 6 yeras ago, great rifle, very pleased with it. :grin:
I bought a 1863 Sharps carbine last year, a real POS. :barf:
It doesn't look like the same co made them.
That's my Armi sport experience, I would never buy another.
Neely

Appreciate it everyone. I had never heard of them and saw that gun. Guess I'll stick with a company that I know. Again thanks! :hatsoff:

Back