• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Arkansas Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to thinking and that buck reminds me of a big one I shot! He was so big we couldn't find any scales that went High enough poundage to weigh him so we just took a picture of him. The picture weighed 47 pounds! LOL!

Nice buck, unfortunately I don’t see any deer around my place anymore here in Baxter County, Arkansas, been poaching going on the last 3 years, really pisses me off, I used to put 2 to 3 deer in the freezer every year and could’ve taken more as there is a five deer limit here in my area but I don’t eat that many, I called fish and game about it, but believe it or not no one seemed to care, everyone I talked to wanted to pass me on to someone else until finally, I gave up.
I used to have many deer around here. 😢

Congratulations from a jealous guy in Baxter County. Mighty fine. I've seen few like that in many years of hunting both Baxter and Marion counties. However, methinks a round ball would have done just as well.
I live in Baxter county, I used to see some good ones around my place. Also, haven’t seen much of any deer in the last three years due to poaching in my area.
where do you live in Baxter County, I’m between Henderson and Geep near the Fulton county line.

I live in Baxter county, I used to see some good ones around my place. Also, haven’t seen much of any deer in the last three years due to poaching in my area.
where do you live in Baxter County, I’m between Henderson and Geep near the Fulton county line.
Your area used to be thick with deer. Poaching will wipe them out though. I live just south of Mountain Home off of Old Military Road. Deer are thick here. I see, at least, half a dozen in my yard every day. I've never shot one near my house because, to me, that isn't fair chase hunting. However, need be, I would harvest them if I really needed the meat. BTW, Tenngun used to live in your area.

Your area used to be thick with deer. Poaching will wipe them out though. I live just south of Mountain Home off of Old Military Road. Deer are thick here. I see, at least, half a dozen in my yard every day. I've never shot one near my house because, to me, that isn't fair chase hunting. However, need be, I would harvest them if I really needed the meat. BTW, Tenngun used to live in your area.
Glad to see some other people into muzzleloaders, etc. near me, would be nice if we locals could meet and shoot now and then, I am completely new to shooting muzzleloaders, but not new to firearms, I live out in the country and do shooting off my back porch.

Glad to see some other people into muzzleloaders, etc. near me, would be nice if we locals could meet and shoot now and then, I am completely new to shooting muzzleloaders, but not new to firearms, I live out in the country and do shooting off my back porch.
Humpy, contact via PM, maybe we can get together to shoot.

Back