• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kentucky Rifle and R.E.A.L. bullets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, my Pedersoli 50 caliber Kentucky rifle loves lee REAL 320 grain bullets. Just no L Alox as they recommend, just using my homemade bullet lube. This pic is four shots from 80 yards using 80 grs 2f under a 320 grain REAL bullet.

Attachments

• 2024-02-06 11.54.54.jpg
    2024-02-06 11.54.54.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
With that alox manure, I couldn't even hit the cardboard backstop and the rifle was impossible to load after the second shot! I even swapped the bore after every shot with a slotted jag. When I went back to my homemade lube, I only swapped the bore in between groups with no problems loading.

If you don’t mind, what is in your homemade lube?
Beeswax/Shortening with added olive oil to thin out the mix, I add more during the cold months. but basically 40/40/20. I pan lube all my bullets in a old baking dish and add lube all the way up to the last groove. Use a double boiler to melt the mixture with a cut coke can held in place with a plastic clamp.

Well, my Pedersoli 50 caliber Kentucky rifle loves lee REAL 320 grain bullets. Just no L Alox as they recommend, just using my homemade bullet lube. This pic is four shots from 80 yards using 80 grs 2f under a 320 grain REAL bullet.
Did you use a lubed over powder wad?
Did you find any lead residue when cleaning?
What did you use to swab between shots?
Thanks

Did you use a lubed over powder wad?
Did you find any lead residue when cleaning?
What did you use to swab between shots?
Thanks
No over powder wad. Got worst groups. Never saw any leading in the barrel when cleaning, but I do use a flushing system with 3/2 ratio water and bastiol. I didn't need to swap between shots. I did swap after each grouping with a slotted jag and dry patch.

Damn son!

Very nice… if that’s the combination you’re thinking about for southern Oklahoma deer hunting, I would think you can move on to field practice. The rifle LIKES that load…

Latest posts

Back