• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Are Muzzleloader's Weapons?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words we know it's a weapon, but we choose not to use the term in order to throw off the legislators?

Does anyone honestly believe this would make a difference?

It doesn't make a difference to the dead...

Weapons are weapons, a duck is a duck, old graveyards are filled with people killed by the state of the art weapon of the day, muzzleloaders...

Bust because there are more rapid firing weapons out there, doesn't make muzzleloaders less lethal...

Just to be sure I understand... are people saying that if we don't refer to our guns as "weapons" that will somehow make a difference with firearm legislation in the future? In other words we know it's a weapon, but we choose not to use the term in order to throw off the legislators?

Does anyone honestly believe this would make a difference?

What I am saying is, and believe me if you will, but the anti gun lobby loves these boards. They love to know what we think and what we do. Come election seasons the Provocateurs run rampant proclaiming their truth for all to hear, and some of them don't own guns. They just test the water. You never see them in the Flint or Perc sections, just in the political or general board areas. This site is just like any other blog, its specific to a certain element of the population. That population is generally gun loving outdoor people who don't like people taking away privileges and rights. If you are an anti-gun nut, where do you think you would go for information and opinions, to get your finger on the pulse so to say? I had a friend who got paid in 04 to do just that, listen and report. Not on this forum but on several political forums.

We can't fool the politicians. But we don't have to help the other side either.

As to in-lines. They are going to be the death of muzzleloading as we know and love it. We should all bve lobbying our state politicians to make their use during the "Muzzle loading season" illegal, but we won't police ourselves, and just like the little sheep we've become, loose more and more liberty every day.

So if any of the Brady bunch is listening, kiss my big fat, rosey red, welsh a......::

Yes...and whatever the ultimate outcome of this thread, I'll be shooting my "Precision Tuned Lead Delivery Systems" on Saturday and Monday mornings...life is good !!
:redthumb:

See, Roundball gets it! :thumbsup: :crackup:

And it just got even better...I just got this afternoon off and I'm going to the range right now to enjoy one of those confounded Precision Tuned Lead Delivery System Flintlock Contraptions...!!

The temp and humidity is 96 & 96 but a boy's gotta do what a boys gotta do

:redthumb: :redthumb:

So if any of the Brady bunch is listening, kiss my big fat, rosey red, welsh a......::

bradysquare.gif

Oops, sorry, wrong brady bunch... :D

Yeah, that will certainly make them see us as mature, responsible citizens... :rolleyes:

When you spout off like that, you're just as guilty of feeding the anti's more ammo to use against us as anyone else.

What I am saying is, and believe me if you will, but the anti gun lobby loves these boards. They love to know what we think and what we do.
<snip>
If you are an anti-gun nut, where do you think you would go for information and opinions, to get your finger on the pulse so to say?

Hey, I got their pulse right here! :crackup:

Well, it works both ways. The Forum is here so the pro-muzzleloading people can put their finger on our pulse.

Sure there might be a few antis here, but I'm not saying anything here that I'm not proud of. What are our options? I could shut down the Forum so the anti's won't be able to use our words against us, I think that would do more harm to the muzzleloading community than allow the members to speak freely.

We aren't discussing anything here that isn't common knowledge anyway and, if they don't know how we feel about our guns by now, they're too inept to do us much harm.

Sure there might be a few antis here, but I'm not saying anything here that I'm not proud of. What are our options? I could shut down the Forum so the anti's won't be able to use our words against us, I think that would do more harm to the muzzleloading community than allow the members to speak freely.

The anti's reading our forum????? And your worried????????????

All they have to do is read a little bit, see one of MM's fine works of avitar art and they'll be scratchin' their heads in disbelief wondering to themselves: "And we were concnerned about this ?

It's the confounded buracracy on the local level that really gets me by the short hairs! There's a lot of pointy headed know nothings working in Blahville and other cities right now runnin' around inspecting this, inspecting that, enecting "codes" for this, that and anything else just so they have a job to do everyday!

Thems the dangerous ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back