• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Are Muzzleloader's Weapons?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
but they like the weather.

Heck, S D has the best weather in so cal,, It's the COOLEST place in So Cal, corse I'm talkin bout by the beach,,,, and a lil inland
Now,, How many people do you know that are in Ca that were born there ???

Heck, S D has the best weather in so cal,, It's the COOLEST place in So Cal, corse I'm talkin bout by the beach,,,, and a lil inland
Now,, How many people do you know that are in Ca that were born there ???

I heard on the radio this morning, San Diego is the 4th most popular destination for the 4th of July weekend.

1. Grand Canyon
2. Colorado River
3. Las Vegas
4. San Diego

I'll be laying low this weekend. ::

We are having enough trouble out of Uncle Sam already. Please close this thread while we still have our muzzleloaders.

Fine. Close, lock and hide this thread in a shoebox buried in a secret location. Or better yet, destroy this thread completely. That will surely protect you and Ghost from loosing your Muzzleloaders. :haha:

Really don't understand why the paranoia over such an obvious to most, issue and topic?

But if makes you feel better, go ahead, close it up and throw away the key. :rolleyes:

Some people would say that the original intent for making the item has a lot to do with it's definition.

A bat was not originally designed to kill, but a gun was. Semantics can't redefine what a gun is.

By that logic then....what was the original intent of blackpowder when the chinese first made it??
No one knows. It could have been an accidental discovery (some scholars today also believe it might have been 'invented' in the Middle East, not China), or it could have resulted from theories that were proposed when certain chemical properties of the various ingredients were studied. It's also been suggested (although never proven one way or the other) that when it was discovered, the first use it was put to was for smoke and noise makers on the battlefield, as a weapon of intimidation, before they thought to use it for entertainment.

Although we can't be sure of the powder's original intent, one thing we do know:
The gun was invented to utilize the powder as a weapon of war.

Using guns as 'tools' for hunting came much later,
along with all these new definitions.

We are having enough trouble out of Uncle Sam already. Please close this thread while we still have our muzzleloaders.

Fine. Close, lock and hide this thread in a shoebox buried in a secret location. Or better yet, destroy this thread completely. That will surely protect you and Ghost from loosing your Muzzleloaders. :haha:

Really don't understand why the paranoia over such an obvious to most, issue and topic?

But if makes you feel better, go ahead, close it up and throw away the key. :rolleyes:

Really. I doubt that we are offering anything new that hasn't been discussed before.

Imagine the government changing the firearm laws based on a conversation on the Muzzleloading Forum. I'll be famous - movie deals, books, etc. :eek:

Who will play Musketman in the motion picture? :hmm:

sounds like we need nother off topic to a thread in another category "Who will play Musketman in the motion picture?"
Started by > Claude <

Heck, the deer don't even consider my rifle a weapon. Squirrels just point and laugh. Sure do enjoy a day in the woods though. But if I ever need one, I do have weapons. :blue:

Well, it was better than Johnny Depp or Leonardo Decaprio. :crackup:

I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT ONE! :crackup:

I'll be laying low this weekend. ::

Yes...and whatever the ultimate outcome of this thread, I'll be shooting my "Precision Tuned Lead Delivery Systems" on Saturday and Monday mornings...life is good !!
:redthumb:

interesting. My ML is a rapid lead accelerator device with induced spin enhancer grooves

Ahh, chalk gun control up to paranoia. Not a problem. Just remember that when you can't get your "weapon" shipped directly to you any more via the post office or UPS (including kits). And that pretty custom gun you dropped a grand +++ on has a sequntial serial number engraved on the barrel in a obvious location along with the manufacturers name and address and caliber of the weapon. Then you'll have the most beautiful custom "pedersoli" available. Remember this conversation/thread while you're filling out a 4473 for your transfer. Me, I'm sticking to my non-guns. :yakyak:

Hey anything can happen.

4473 for an ML? I seriously doubt it, unless it is an inline that will accept a centerfire barrel as an option. Then a 4473 Form would be required.

If that did happen for some stupid reason, blaming this thread as the cause is ridiculous and total nonsense.

Some shops won't ship ML's without an FFL transfer, but that has less than anything to do with this thread.
::

Ahh, chalk gun control up to paranoia. Not a problem. Just remember that when you can't get your "weapon" shipped directly to you any more via the post office or UPS (including kits). And that pretty custom gun you dropped a grand +++ on has a sequntial serial number engraved on the barrel in a obvious location along with the manufacturers name and address and caliber of the weapon. Then you'll have the most beautiful custom "pedersoli" available. Remember this conversation/thread while you're filling out a 4473 for your transfer. Me, I'm sticking to my non-guns. :yakyak:

Just to be sure I understand... are people saying that if we don't refer to our guns as "weapons" that will somehow make a difference with firearm legislation in the future? In other words we know it's a weapon, but we choose not to use the term in order to throw off the legislators?

Does anyone honestly believe this would make a difference?

Just to be sure I understand... are people saying that if we don't refer to our guns as "weapons" that will somehow make a difference with firearm legislation in the future? In other words we know it's a weapon, but we choose not to use the term in order to throw off the legislators?

Does anyone honestly believe this would make a difference?

Yes, I think they are on to something! If I don't call my Cessna an "aircraft", I won't need a pilots license. :crackup: :shake:

Let's see, I'll call it a "gravity counter-acting machine". Yeah, that's it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back