• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ardesa for Target Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBox

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have an Ardesa Hawken rifle in .50 cal. It's made in Spain. This rifle is heavy and pretty accurate with a good reliable lock. It's a little heavy for hunting so I was thinking I might put a set of target sights on it and tune it up for shooting paper. Any ideas?

For someone just starting out I would go with the Lyman peep sights they make both front and rear and are priced right.
Longball 58

Heavy? Now you know why the old Mountain Men had one arm about 2" longer than the other. :grin:

Storm

Yes, Ardesa is the maker of the Traditions and old CVA sidelock guns.
They made both the rifles and pistols for those companies.

Although they are usually low priced they often have very accurate barrels on them and with a little effort they can make fairly good target arms.

As with all muzzleloaders, they will have certain patch/ball/powder combinations that work much better than others. Finding the right combination is part of the game with muzzleloaders and often after you think you've found the "best load" one just slightly different will be even better.

I'm sure you will have fun with your gun and you will find that it can be very accurate.

I have some Redfield micrometer rears from the NRA Highpower days. I was thinking of fabricating a base for the rear and working something out. The only problem is that I need to finish a few other projects first.

I know you wouldn't "Z" but how many of ya jumped to see how much the underhammers are? :rotf: Fred :hatsoff:

still can't get a price or who has any of the ardessa target underhammers. they don't seem to be interested in selling them on this side of the big water. :(

Ardessa has a lot of really nice models that don't make it to this side of the pond. If there's a model you really want, about the only thing you can do is find a dealer on the other side of the pond who will ship. Some will. But considering the exchange rate against the Euro, and the high shipping charges to get it here, it ain't gonna be cheap.

I wish Traditions would set up a special order department for Ardessa guns that they don't stock. They import them anyway, so they'd be the logical choice to bring them in for us. Heck, maybe they will do that. I have never asked them.

As I remember it Walru ( I might o been in hospital when I got a anwer from them and it didn't get on here,it was over 950 for the Nice one, and thats a year ago plus whata buck is worth ( China owns all of them that aint in our pockets or the mint isnt makeing right now, :cursing: ) fred :hatsoff:

Back