• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Antique" Fried Cornbread

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there's something to be said about just mixin' stuff together. I finally scooped some white/wheat flour together with some baking soda/sugar and an egg and milk to make some pan bread. Cooked it bannock style in a pan. That's something good. Gonna have to double up on my salt next time, but I don't think there's any bad way to make this stuff!

That's pretty much FACT.

Btw, IF you could get coffee to taste as good "in the house", as it does "early on a frosty morn" & "out on the creek bank", you would soon be a MULTI-MILLIONAIRE.

yours, satx

Fyi, I fixed a huge slow-cooker full of beans & fried cornbread yesterday, to eat after "Work Day" at BEETHOVEN MAENNERCHOR, as I knew that everybody would be "wore out" by 1800.

My "New Texan" neighbors (Brian & Sandy, from MN & RI respectively, who came here to work about a year ago) & their 4YO ended up "getting a bowl & a spoon" & Sandy said that, "I've never had anything like these patties. WHAT are they?"
(I told her.)
Brian said, "Honey, ask him how to make them."
(Needing more, I had her help make another batch.)

Note: Texas was/IS always a place to go to "escape unfortunate circumstance", to "start over", "to be FREE" & these days to work in the "oil patch".
ALL of us "wild & rebellious Texans" are either "immigrants" or children of immigrants. Even we Native people/"AmerIndians" are "from someplace else".
(New Texans should also know that your children will be TEXAN, your grandchildren will be TEXICAN & their children will STOUTLY DENY that their family was EVER DAMNyankees, if you came here from the North. = They will claim that their family either "came to Texas to fight Santa Anna" and/or "Our people were REBEL clear down to the bone marrow." OR "My people came here from (pick a place) to BE Texan".)

just my opinions, satx

satx78247 said:
Fyi, "My people came here from (pick a place) to BE Texan".)
satx
Oh Lord, were that only true! My illustrious ancestors came to Texas because some pretty slick land speculators went through S.E. Iowa with photos of halves of beef hanging from the rafters and telling them poor ole dirt farmers, "Look, the air in south Texas is salty enough you can preserve beef by hanging it from the north side rafters!" Worse part is, folks believed it...including mine! So, it's sell the farm, load everything on the choo-choo and 'Gone-To-Texas'!! Got here just in time for the 1900 hurricane...err-ah-uh-What?!?? Whole dang bunch, except my Grandad and one of his brothers, packed up the choo-choo and went back to Ioway! Later, Grandad bought 80 acres north of Alvin. Comes the 1930's and they discover the huge Hasting's Field(still producing, by the way)except the Williams boys had bought 80 acres with a geological fault! Bet you saw that coming!! So Grandpap leases then the back 40 acres for $3,000 for a 99 year lease! That's where they built the stinking refinery!! Makes you so proud! :doh:

Of course, 3,000.oo for the mineral rights was "one H of a pile" of bucks then. - And he probably paid LITTLE for the 80 acres, too.
(Our family paid 1200.oo for 700 acres of NE TX long ago.)

My mother's gotten at least 1500.oo a month for half a century since they struck oil. NOW they're planning to go after deep poison gas.
(after the crew of a work-over rig died from it leaking onto the drill-floor.)

yours, satx

Oh yeah, I can't fault them $3,000 during the depression. Just adds flavor to the whole daft story not to mention the obvious! :thumbsup: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back