• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Turkey wing bone call

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricktwin

36 Cal.
Reaction score
After reading the other thread, i thought I'd post the call I made last weekend. I made it for my wife's uncle who is an avid turkey hunter, but I've never seen him with a "yelper" made like this. I've been able to get some pretty good sound out of this one. I'm going to scrimshaw his initials on the side and try to do a "tom" on the reverse, and make him a small storage box for it.
Thanks for looking,

Ron

IMG_5743.jpg

Rick, Really nice job. I have a 3 piece one similar that actually has a small cowhorn for the trumpet. It's part of a set that a buddy in Pennsylvania made. Start with the big one, then use a smallerthree piece, then a 2 piece that you can do little clucks with. That's in theory really the turkeys usually just walk up on me and surprize me. The scrim idea appeals to me. As usual, Spot

Thanks guys ... sorry for the confusion ... but Rick is my twin brother ... I'm Ron. I've been called Rick all my life, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Ron

Back