• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Roach Belly

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy folks:
Here's another Roach Belly and sheath I just finished. Please see what you think before I decide whether to list it?
Business is terrible, so this may be the last item I make/show? I withdrew everything else I had listed. Maybe it IS just the economy and this inflation? In any event I hope you like it? Thank you.
God bless:
Two Feathers
Two Feathers, what price do you have on the knife and sheath. I really like them.

Howdy folks:
Here's another Roach Belly and sheath I just finished. Please see what you think before I decide whether to list it?
Business is terrible, so this may be the last item I make/show? I withdrew everything else I had listed. Maybe it IS just the economy and this inflation? In any event I hope you like it? Thank you.
God bless:
Two Feathers
Hang in there brother. With Bidenomics folks aren't spending alot on unnessessary stuff. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. I used to get literally like 75 orders a week online for the various Bushcraft and muzzleloader stuff I make between my two online shops. Now with high fuel prices and inflation some weeks I don't get 5 orders between both shops. Was knocking out five hundred bucks a week on Etsy alone. Right now I'm on Pace to get $48 in next week's deposit if nothing sells there over the weekend. But here is the upside: even when times were good our kind of stuff slowed down quite a bit during the summer. My busy season was always end of October to the end of March. But I told the wife a couple weeks ago that things usually start picking up at the end of July. Sure enough, in the last week of July loading block orders started coming in. I've made like 12 in the last few days and still have a stack to go. I'm seeing some movement so I think folks are fed up and ready to grab items they've been holding off on. Maybe I'm wrong but the tide looks like it might be turning. Or it could be wishful thinking. Either way you're a hell of a craftsman and I'm man enough to say lots of your work I've seen is better than mine, so I hope it picks up for you and all goes well. Maybe guys like us need to start a support group.

The knife is just wonderful and a work of art. I too made knives but a mistake is tool steel. I get them super sharp but blood does a job on the steel.

The knife is just wonderful and a work of art. I too made knives but a mistake is tool steel. I get them super sharp but blood does a job on the steel.
45man:
Blood will destroy ANY carbon steel. It's the acid in the blood that does it. I don't use S/S because it's too finicky to to heat treat, and it isn't PC/HA. D-2 and O-1 are fine steels for knives. Don't be out off by the blood issue. Keep making those knives.:~)))
Thank you for your comment.
God bless:
Two Feathers

All I can say that looks very much like a knife a plainsman would be proud to have on his belt.

-Walkaheap
Walkaheap:
Thank ya.' kindly, much appreciated. The Roach Belly and MM sheath have become my signature selling items. If I'm going to move a knife that's usually the one?
God bless:
Two Feathers

Did not see a price
Packrat:
This is not the correct forum for selling knives or edged weapons so there is no price attached here, just my photos.
IF I decide to sell it, I'll list it with a price. I really made it to "tease" a potential customer that I know.:~))))) Thank you for your interest.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Hang in there brother. With Bidenomics folks aren't spending alot on unnessessary stuff. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. I used to get literally like 75 orders a week online for the various Bushcraft and muzzleloader stuff I make between my two online shops. Now with high fuel prices and inflation some weeks I don't get 5 orders between both shops. Was knocking out five hundred bucks a week on Etsy alone. Right now I'm on Pace to get $48 in next week's deposit if nothing sells there over the weekend. But here is the upside: even when times were good our kind of stuff slowed down quite a bit during the summer. My busy season was always end of October to the end of March. But I told the wife a couple weeks ago that things usually start picking up at the end of July. Sure enough, in the last week of July loading block orders started coming in. I've made like 12 in the last few days and still have a stack to go. I'm seeing some movement so I think folks are fed up and ready to grab items they've been holding off on. Maybe I'm wrong but the tide looks like it might be turning. Or it could be wishful thinking. Either way you're a hell of a craftsman and I'm man enough to say lots of your work I've seen is better than mine, so I hope it picks up for you and all goes well. Maybe guys like us need to start a support group.
Hermit Tim:
WOW....where do I start??? I have a "season" or good sales stretches myself periodically, just can't remember when they are?
I'm not sure I've ever seen any of your wares so I can't say a whole lot, but I really appreciate your comment on my work. There are a TON of very awesome craftsmen here on this website and it's an honor just to be on the same forum with them. I consider myself a crafter but NEVER a Craftsman.
I'm hoping there's a shift in the spending tide myself. Between the economy, my health issues and a lot of manure going on here (possibly moving) it's becoming overwhelming and I appreciate the support of the members.
I was never looking for a shoulder to cry on, just wanted to show my Roach Belly? Perhaps in the future I better be more careful when I lament?
I LOVE the idea of the Sellers Support Group.:~))))
Tell me how to sign up?
Thank you my friend.
God bless, and keep turning out the wares:
Two Feathers

Beautiful knife and sheath! Dave, don’t ever give up! You are a craftsman, and a damn honest man. I’m proud of the things you have made that I own. People are holding on to their money. It’s not a barometer of your skill or desire for what you make. It’s just what all small businesses are dealing with that deal in items that aren’t absolutely necessary for life. I own one of those businesses myself. There’s a slow down for my industry in the very near future. It’s a crappy cycle that I’ve endured for the last 27 years of self employment. Keep doing what you do, if it’s what you enjoy. It will come back around to you, always does for me.
Gtrubicon:
Thank you my friend. It was a pleasure working with you. I hope we can do it again.
I try very hard to be a good, honest, tradesman. Hopefully it works for everyone I deal with?
Stay in touch. Email me and let me know how your son's Bass thing is going?
God bless:
Dave

Packrat:
This is not the correct forum for selling knives or edged weapons so there is no price attached here, just my photos.
IF I decide to sell it, I'll list it with a price. I really made it to "tease" a potential customer that I know.:~))))) Thank you for your interest.
God bless:
Two Feathers
Well, you teased at least one other one.😃

Howdy folks:
God bless:
Two Feathers
Beautiful work Dave!

The knife I want, I can't afford. Has to be custom made.
Be a blade 1/4" thick with a double-edged leaf-shape hollow-ground blade, 7" long and 3" wide at the broadest flare, full-tang, out of D2.
That roach-belly edge looks like the right shape if it were reproduced on the spine side.
Academic at this point, as I'm tied up until at least Christmas. My son NEEDS a M96 Swede, so he tells me. I'm afraid he means mine, so in self-defense I'm afraid I shall be forced to buy one just before the Christmas deadline. I'll get back to my bucket-list knife after.

The knife I want, I can't afford. Has to be custom made.
Be a blade 1/4" thick with a double-edged leaf-shape hollow-ground blade, 7" long and 3" wide at the broadest flare, full-tang, out of D2.
That roach-belly edge looks like the right shape if it were reproduced on the spine side.
Academic at this point, as I'm tied up until at least Christmas. My son NEEDS a M96 Swede, so he tells me. I'm afraid he means mine, so in self-defense I'm afraid I shall be forced to buy one just before the Christmas deadline. I'll get back to my bucket-list knife after.
Good luck. I'm sure there's a custom knife maker here who will craft you exactly what you want.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Latest posts

Back