• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another new bloke

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Millership

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings all, I have just got back into shooting after a 20 year break. I would like to apologise to one and all for my absence, I am sorry, it will not happen again, why did I ever stop?! Bringing up a family I guess. Now my son has discovered the delights of muzzle loading we spend most Sundays at the range, I havn't enjoyed myself so much in years! Have read with interest several posts on this forum and the level of knowledge of the members is fantastic, if I have problems I will be asking for help here! Best wishes from the UK.

Thanks mate, I was chuffed to bits (pleased) when he started to show an interest, it was just the excuse I needed to start again, problem is he has more guns than I do! Still, I get to shoot them as well as mine!!

I just had to ask as i have a mate in Yorkshire.. Skype is a wonderful thing :grin: I hope to get over the pond next year actually.. Let me guess? You shoot a Bess :haha: I would think black powder would have a stronger following in the UK..

Hi again, no I don't shoot a Bess! Although my son has one, he purchased a lock and barrel along with some repro woodwork from IMA. He has had a friend working on it (we do not have the skills or tools to do this, yet) and he just got to shoot it last Sunday for the 1st time, great fun! (now my hair has stopped smouldering) I am currently getting to grips with a Pedersoli Pennsylvania in .45 - only had it a few weeks. Also have a Martini Henry (which I am not allowed to discuss here!) A Rogers and Spencer and a copy of a 1731 Prussian flint pistol in .65. Due to strict firearms laws in the UK black powder shooting is on the rise, but not fast enough as far as I am concerned!

Welcome, from the colonies!

I've actually been to Norfolk, back in 1980. I was living in Germany, visited a friend who lived in Surbiton, went up to Norfolk to visit his mum.

AND, I've actually been in jail in Norfolk! This was before the days of cell phones. We got off the train at the stop, realized we didn't have the change for the phonebox, started walking.

My friend was very enamored of Bishop's Tipple back then, and introduced it to me. Anyway, a copper stopped to talk to these 2 guys walking somewhat funny, who had no dough, put us in the local jail and made the call to his mum to pick us up.

I must say, it wasn't the best way to say "Howdja do Mrs Wilde?"

Hi Marc, nice story!
Personally I have not spent ANY time in any jail, maybe a few hours when I used to live in London.. But that was a mistake, honest! Oh, by the way, now they are worth a few 'quid', when are you handing the colonies back?!
:grin:

welcome to the forum. UK style "Strict firearms laws" are my fear for the US some day. I know it could never happen here, right. I see stuff everyday i can honestly say I never thought I would see happen.

Fat Bloke said:
Hi again, no I don't shoot a Bess! Although my son has one, he purchased a lock and barrel along with some repro woodwork from IMA. He has had a friend working on it (we do not have the skills or tools to do this, yet) and he just got to shoot it last Sunday for the 1st time, great fun! (now my hair has stopped smouldering) I am currently getting to grips with a Pedersoli Pennsylvania in .45 - only had it a few weeks. Also have a Martini Henry (which I am not allowed to discuss here!) A Rogers and Spencer and a copy of a 1731 Prussian flint pistol in .65. Due to strict firearms laws in the UK black powder shooting is on the rise, but not fast enough as far as I am concerned!

Give it time mate! I belong to Pigeon watch forum UK and last year there was a lad selling an 1816 Springfield flinter for 250 quid.. That was a great deal..

Welcome to the MLF Lee! Welcome back to the world of traditional muzzleloading. Glad to hear your son loves BP also. Both of you will gain a lot of knowledge and experience hanging around this camp.

Welcome friend! I sure do miss me brown ale brewed upon the river thames! Good days, good times. Good folks on this here board, you'll learn alot here!

Welcome aboard FB,
I to was absent for quite a few years. The smoke in my veins made it to my brain and I'm back at it.
You will find an answer to your questions here. Some very knowledgeable shooters here.
Direct your questions to the ugly ones,and you will get a good answer.Stay away fromm the good looking guys...they are for show anyway. :rotf:

Dear Fat Bloke - Regarding the handing back of the Colonies, I'm afraid I have no clear answer, although the subject is a matter of some rather, shall we say, robust debate just now. But I can tell you that the Continental Army Recruiting Officer (an Englishman himself as a matter of fact), would very much like to meet with you and your Son at Duffy's Tavern. Make sure your Son brings the Bess.....

Welcome to the Colonies -

Eric (.69 M1777 Charleville)

ps - Don't be frustrated by the Pennsylvania German Dialect at Duffy's. If you end up over your head find the proprietor - his English is excellent....

Latest posts

Back