• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

another Midwesterner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All, a newbie to the forum from central Indiana where every winter I ask myself why do I live here :rolleyes:
I have been involved in Living Histories and Historical Reenactments for 20+ years for the 1860's and foward but now am excited to go the other direction and delve into the flintlock era. I was Looking forward to hopefully building my first one this winter - a Kibler Woodsrunner - but seems his lead times are not as advertised so may look at other options. Thanks for the great body of knowledge here!

Hello All, a newbie to the forum from central Indiana where every winter I ask myself why do I live here :rolleyes:
I have been involved in Living Histories and Historical Reenactments for 20+ years for the 1860's and foward but now am excited to go the other direction and delve into the flintlock era. I was Looking forward to hopefully building my first one this winter - a Kibler Woodsrunner - but seems his lead times are not as advertised so may look at other options. Thanks for the great body of knowledge here!
Greetings from Delaware County

Welcome from south central Indiana.
I’d recommend Pecatonica Rifle Works. They can do many custom features Such as installing the lock, barrel tenons and other work you might choose not to do yourself.

Or they can ship you all the fixings and you can build it yourself.
I’ve ordered many different “kits” from them over the years and have always been satisfied. .

Back