• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Howdy from a Greenhorn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nodak7mm

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Morning,

Great board here guys, great info & camaraderie very present..

I am from the outskirts of Red River Valley, the one tween ND & MN, some would call it Gods country, I do... I am now in west michigan, good job & happy family.

I have been playing outside as long back as I can remember, hunting, fishing, shooting and trapping. Don't have near the opportunities or access I once had, but I appreciate it 100 x more (Gawd, I miss the farm!!!!). 95% of my outdoor excursions are gear to include 1 of my 2 daughters...

I have always had an interest in blackpowder, but since I am limited to hunting state land, you can say I have decided to pursue it seriously out of desire to provide my kids with the best possible hunting time... Far less careless people in the woods. I am hoping most MI people will tend to be out of the woods by muzzleloading season as it is December and its "cold". Hell I think Dec here is T-shirt wx back home.... hee..hee.. wussies.... I'll take the snow, I am norsk and come alive.... :blah:

So I am about to pick-up my first long gun muzzleloader and its an Omega .50 cal. I have been lurking and researching most of ya'lls posts and am very excited to try it out... Hope it pans out this year as I am really looking forwards to making fresh venison sausage with my girls... Might be time to put the boat away, but not yet either.. decision, decisions....

Thanks for listening....

Rod

Nodak7mm,
welcome the forum glad to have you with us!!
no better enjoyment i can think of than taking a son/daughter hunting. these days at my age it is my son that takes me but i sure enjoyed those days when it was the other way.
again welcome and stay active

I am snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup:

Nodak7mm : A Big Welcome To The Camp !!
Welcome to the camp. Good Luck in getting your first
muzzleloader. Once you get out and do some plinking
with your rifle, you'll find you can't live without it.
You'll catch the bug for Black Powder.
So Have fun with your new rifle. I don't own a in-line.
I do have a T/C 54cal Hawkens percussion rifle.
And just got a T/C 50cal Hawkens flintlock rifle.
Again Welcome to the camp. Mtn-Man2u :)

Some call you Fargo! Almost like a letter from home. I lived nearly 10 years down at Cayuga, 90 miles SW of Fargo. Nice to hear you tell of yourself. Frequently traveled through Lisbon (SE of Fort Ransom), have been there too. Liver Eating, that's on the Sheyenne River isn't it? That does run into the Red.

Maybe Ft Ransom is where I caught the blackpowder bug.. When I was a young lad (early 70's), we joined/met my Uncle and his Calvery re-enacment group (from Minot ND in Ft Ransom)for a parade/summer celebrattion & I spent some time in the same river, (the Sheyenne, the Sheyenne runs to Fargo) nursing a sun burn... At that time and place, the only cool relief to be had was in the middle of a river....

On a side note, it was common then for my family to meet my Uncle Lee and I was able to ride my Uncles horse and watch them shoot their cannon (used cabbages). If I am not mistaken, the Calvery unit is pretty well known, and has been cast in several movies. The one that comes to mind is Dances with Wolves....

Guys, again thanks for the welcome..

Rod

Maybe Ft Ransom is where I caught the blackpowder bug..

convlbug.jpg

Welcome Nodak7mm...

Notice no one ever catches the Pyrodex or Triple Seven Bug!!! :crackup:

Maybe Ft Ransom is where I caught the blackpowder bug..

convlbug.jpg

Welcome Nodak7mm...

Notice no one ever catches the Pyrodex or Triple Seven Bug!!! :crackup:

Welcome to the forum!!

By the way 'Musketman' your post is very funny! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

We might have been there at Fort Ransom at the same time. I was at Cayuga from ought '66 to '76 and saw the 7th Cav up there during that time. Two of my neighbors at Rutland were in in, they sure looked like the real thing.

Back