• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another hillbilly from Missouri

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning guys and gals, thanks for letting me in.

I guess I'll give ya a bit of info. After being slapped down with a stroke a couple years ago I figured I'd finally jump in to black powder. I've had modern firearms all my life but I'm a b/p newbie for the most part. I do have one old muzzle loader I'm trying to figure out but that's for another thread. The other two are modern and repo's.
I'm in the central area 'round Rolla, college town but in the country. I'm rebuilding an ol' one room school house, big job for one person but I'll get er done.
I'll not be posting for the most part, just lurking and reading and learning. If I get stumped I'll jump up and bug ya's. As for the muzzle loader I'll try to get some pics in a bit and see what we have.
Anyway, thanks for listening and see ya's in the funny pages.

We all welcome you to the forum.

I went to the university at Rolla. It was a bit more country then, but school occupied most of my time.

Tell us more of your old gun and your traditional muzzle loaders. We want to hear about them and how you plan to use them.

I'll have to charge my phone for a while then I'll get to the pics. It will be a wallhanger for sure, it was gifted to my wife by her father. Her father runs around the country buying/selling/trading antique b/p and muzzle loaders. His name is Gene Moss. It's ok, he said he doesn't care about name being posted.
I have some stuff to get done and will post the ol' muzzie later.

Welcome to the forum, Blogman. We're all of like mind, here, and love to help anyway we can.

Thanks all, also trying to figure out the forum format. I've been trying to get pics but the phone I have is a bit crappy. Had a good friend of mine come over and shot some good pics, will have them up soon.

I post my pics on Photobucket then copy the URL and paste it into where the "image" button pops up, then preview to see if it worked . . sometimes it does, sometimes I goof . . but that's how I'd start . .Photobucket is free and and it's drop and drag . .easy to use.

Welcome friend!!

I'm sitting in the airport waiting to get on a plane to Kansas City, headed to Ashland to visit Wife's Grandparents. Planning to chase MO thunder chickens with my SxS!!

Again welcome!!

Latest posts

Back