• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from AZ

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Resolve

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Been shooting muzzle loaders off and on since the late sixties. Mostly larger caliber long guns and cap and ball revolvers. Most of them were reproductions from Spain and Italy but I did own some original revolvers, muskets, and rifles. The majority of all the guns I've owned were percussion, but some were flint. I’ve only shot custom made rifles; never owned one. As age creeps up on me and the body starts to wear, I’ve realized I’ll need to change my direction and lean away from revolvers and larger caliber long guns. Figured this would be a great place to get some good info and advice before I decide what direction I specifically want to go in. Over the next couple of months, I’ll try to search the posts for info, but I’ll still probably be posting questions (I’m sure some you’ve answered a thousand times before) to help me choose my next muzzle loading step.

Thanks,

R

Greetings azmntman,
Three years ago, I fractured the right side of my face in multiple places when I fell off a ladder, so I have to be careful of recoil. The main issues though are my right wrist is bad and my left-hand fingers are crippling up with arthritis. Now the right-hand fingers are starting. After 3 shots I don’t have the strength left to keep an 1851 up. About the only revolver I can shoot is the pocket Navy. The dexterity in my fingers is bad also, making loading with them no fun.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back