• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another gun finished!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAHMAN

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Completed this gun for a fella...first time I did any carving (except for the holiday turkey! :grin: )

100_2779.jpg
[/img]

100_2777.jpg
[/img]

100_2778.jpg
[/img]

100_2780.jpg

Not too bad for a one eyed fat guy.....

BLAHMAN,
Outstanding work! Thank for sharing the
photos.
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Wow, I never knew a GPR kit could look that good :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Job Blah
Bill

Bill of the 45th Parallel said:
Wow, I never knew a GPR kit could look that good :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Job Blah
Bill

GPR???? Isn't that some sort of navigational device? :haha:

Thanks Bill!

Great work for a one eyed fat guy :bow:
Tell us a little bit more.
What cal.,barrel lenght and so on.
How long had you worked on it?
:hatsoff:

Looks like it was built by someone who has built 7-8 rifles. Nice job! :hatsoff:

undertaker said:
Great work for a one eyed fat guy :bow:
Tell us a little bit more.
What cal.,barrel lenght and so on.
How long had you worked on it?
:hatsoff:

The barrel is an Ed Rayl blank that was rifled on a gain twist machine...can't remember the gain (I think Olie knows). It's a 54 with a breech of one and an eigth across the flats at the breech that then tapers to an inch at the muzzle. The barrel length is 37 inches (I think).

I started on the gub in July of 2006. The lock is an L&R roundface lock. It hasn't been shot as of yet, just waiting for full payment before I give instruction on shooting to it's owner.

Blahman:
I don't remember just where that barrel was rifled, I think it was rifled at Great Trails.

If it was rifled on the White Bench, the twist would be 1 turn in 66 or 62 at the breech to 1 turn in 60 at the muzzle.

If it was rifled on the Beamer Bench, it would have been rifled 1 turn in 93 at the breech to 1 turn in 69 at the muzzle. The twist can very as you can move the barrel in the holder to get the twist you want at the muzzle. The barrel is 37 inches long and the rifling pole is 48 inches long.

Olie

It came from 'Possum Bill' s place, and I would suspect that Hershal did the pulling and the 'Possum" took the credit.

I can't recall what twist is on Possum's bench, but it is a quick gain.

We'll have to ask him when we make the treck to the east.

you guys with talent amaze me :bow: :bow: i have to make sure that i don't get blood on the bluing every time i work on something :redface:

All of that practice on the holiday turkey paid off. That's a real good job. Especially for a first time carve. Keep it up, Blahman.

If it came from Possium Bill'S rifling bench,it has a twist of 1 turn in 68 at the breech to 1 turn in 34 at the muzzle, 100% gain. That is very interesting.

Olie

We shoot a lot of round ball barrels with gain twist.

Possium Bill :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Olie

Back