• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Arkansas guy here.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buck rogers

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey folks how's it going? I'm Rick from Lonoke Arkansas & I'm about to buy me a traditional style muzzleloader
(this week I hope) & felt this would be a good place to learn as I go & pick up some good advice.

Thanks

Hi Rick, welcome from Wisconsin! Since you are new to the sport, please read some of the archives relative to safe shooting practices and cleaning procedures. You will quickly gain knowledge to guide you on your way to the addicting muzzleloading hobby.

Welcome to the forums , this is a good place for seeking information . Do you have a gun in mind ? Half stock, Kentucky/Penn . longrifle Smoothbore Etc ? Many folks here to help you on your way .

:thumbsup:

You will like it here,there are a lot of savy folks here to share your pain and glory,I'm new myself and enjoying the posts. chuckr

Thanks folks.

gordy said:
Welcome to the forums , this is a good place for seeking information . Do you have a gun in mind ? Half stock, Kentucky/Penn . longrifle Smoothbore Etc ? Many folks here to help you on your way .

:thumbsup:

A guy I work with said he had a Hawken with no name on it he would sell me for fifty dollars so I'm going to see what he's got... I do have my fingers crossed. lol

Hope that 50 dolla rifle works out for ya! But regardless, you found a great place to start out with shootin' BP! Welcome!

Dan

Thanks guys.

I'm hoping to get my front stuffer this weekend if all goes as planed.

Captainkirk & buck rogers... On the same muzzleloading forum... wow! lol

Welcome to the MLF Rick! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here in camp with a lifetime of experience to share. Pretty quick your one rifle will turn ito a cabinet full of muzzleloaders.

Back