• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

An unusual Hammer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Postman brought me an unusual piece today.
Spain Eibar 1841.
Caliber 17 mm

IMG_7417[1].JPG
IMG_7420[1].JPG
IMG_7421[1].JPG
IMG_7418[1].JPG
IMG_7422[1].JPG
IMG_7414[1].JPG
IMG_7411[1].JPG

Bayer,
I am very impressed by the craftsmanship in the cappers. I have never seen one like these before. On the one, looking at it the cap pusher arm it appears that it can pivot and vary its radius as it follows the spiral trough. Is the bail used to wind a clock type spring? It is a very interesting designs.

Bayer,
I am very impressed by the craftsmanship in the cappers. I have never seen one like these before. On the one, looking at it the cap pusher arm it appears that it can pivot and vary its radius as it follows the spiral trough. Is the bail used to wind a clock type spring? It is a very interesting designs.

It is a normal lock.
IMG_E7433[1].JPG
IMG_E7432[1].JPG

Latest posts

Back