• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Amusing/Ridiculous Muzzleloading Misconceptions...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this is a muzzleloading forum and we speak in nostalgic terms and while on the subject of the vicissitudes of modern motor vehicles does anyone suppose there were traffic jams during the days of horse & buggy?
YES! In the overcrowded big cities, they were bumper to bumper...or cheek to cheek 😆 😂🤣:horseback::horseback::horseback:

Many years ago, I went deer hunting with my FIL and a group of his friends. Like many of us, I was teased about my pop-gun. The next day as I returned to the camp, I put a frozen pumpkin on a stump. I asked one of the group if he would like to try out my pop-gun. (I was shooting a TC Hawken .54 with 380grain REAL and 85gr of 2X). I told him how it sighted and told him to have at it. Even though he was an experienced hunter, he didn't keep the rifle tight to his shoulder. When he fired, the pumpkin exploded like a grenade hit it. After that, no one teased me about my pop-gun any more.

Since this is a muzzleloading forum and we speak in nostalgic terms and while on the subject of the vicissitudes of modern motor vehicles does anyone suppose there were traffic jams during the days of horse & buggy?
Absolutely. Look at some old photos of crowded city streets & check out the history of traffic rules & signals.

They've been gone a while but looking back on everything in my life; I wished that I would have paid more attention and heeded the advice of my parents.

When my Father was telling me something that I didn't want to hear he would usually add, "I wished someone would have talked to me like I'm talking to you when I was your age."

I really get the meaning of what he he said now.
Happiness is when your ornery eldest daughter joins the Marines and a couple of years later, here's how the conversation went:
"Dad? I called to tell you three words you were waiting for."
"Yeah? What are they?"
"You were right." "Now you can say those four words you've been waiting to say."
"I told you so?"
"Yep"

wm 😂

Thank you Pippin. I also get tired of the left wing lies!
What 'left wing lies'? There's nothing particularly right wing or left wing about this subject from a modern viewpoint, and I seriously doubt the people in the past who wrote about the vanishing buffalo herds and the part hunters played were thinking in those terms. Believe it or not, everything in history and everything in today's world can't be conveniently stuffed into modern partisan, us vs. them political pigeon holes. I don't remember either Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump ever saying a [bleep]ing word about buffaloes...

Last edited:
In the big cities there probably were. And, I would bet the accident rate per mile driven was much higher. A friend of mine supplies horses and carriages to the movie industry. I could go on for hours about the wrecks he and his drivers have had.

In the big cities there probably were. And, I would bet the accident rate per mile driven was much higher. A friend of mine supplies horses and carriages to the movie industry. I could go on for hours about the wrecks he and his drivers have had.

After doing CW re-enactments and watching some incidents of equine misbehavior I could imagine problems with large numbers of the hooved beasts of burden congregating.

To all that answered me, thank you and I hope you get a chance to read the article, I did print the whole thing on this site. I think I figured out how to change it into a P DF format, and I should be happy to send it to somebody that can't read the darn thing.
Squint
I enjoyed that, I always enjoy S, Fadalas writing.
Thank you.

What 'left wing lies'? There's nothing particularly right wing or left wing about this subject from a modern viewpoint, and I seriously doubt the people in the past who wrote about the vanishing buffalo herds and the part hunters played were thinking in those terms. Believe it or not, everything in history and everything in today's world can't be conveniently stuffed into modern partisan, us vs. them political pigeon holes. I don't remember either Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump ever saying a [bleep]ing word about buffaloes...
I don't care who you are....now that's funny.

Many years ago, I went deer hunting with my FIL and a group of his friends. Like many of us, I was teased about my pop-gun. The next day as I returned to the camp, I put a frozen pumpkin on a stump. I asked one of the group if he would like to try out my pop-gun. (I was shooting a TC Hawken .54 with 380grain REAL and 85gr of 2X). I told him how it sighted and told him to have at it. Even though he was an experienced hunter, he didn't keep the rifle tight to his shoulder. When he fired, the pumpkin exploded like a grenade hit it. After that, no one teased me about my pop-gun any more.
So, did you harvest the pumpkin or did you kill it? I hope oldskool don't see this🙂

Next time bore a hole into the top of the pumpkin and fill it with water. Spectacular to watch and leaves strings of the pumpkins innards hanging in the trees. Always shoot up the wife's fall decorating pumpkins when she's done with them :thumb:

3stoogesatcdc.jpg

Next time bore a hole into the top of the pumpkin and fill it with water. Spectacular to watch and leaves strings of the pumpkins innards hanging in the trees. Always shoot up the wife's fall decorating pumpkins when she's done with them :thumb:

I thought of this years ago but have not put it in to action. I was thinking about filling the inside of the pumpkin with jello.

The tough part about that idea is picking a color. Should I go with matching orange or a contrasting color like, green, red or blue?

Or... should I cross over to the wild side and fill the pumpkins with Tannerite?

I thought of this years ago but have not put it in to action. I was thinking about filling the inside of the pumpkin with jello.

The tough part about that idea is picking a color. Should I go with matching orange or a contrasting color like, green, red or blue?

Or... should I cross over to the wild side and fill the pumpkins with Tannerite?
TANNERITE OF COURSE!!!:ghostly:

Absolutely.
Look through picture archives of New York and Boston in during the pre-automobile days.
And there were piles of horse s%$& everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back