• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Amoskeag auctions, have you ever been?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While doing a search I came across Amoskeag auctions. I cannot believe this is only 15 minutes from me and I never knew about it. I just looked over the catalog of the last auction and there were some amazing black powder guns there. I mean gorgeous! There next auction is in March and the catalog is not up yet, but you can see the catalog of the last auction if you want here: Auction No. 140 Digital Catalog - Amoskeag Auction Company Really well laid out preview, and I am looking forward to seeing what is coming up next auction. Learn something new everyday.

Never heard of them. Catalog looks well done.

I've bid at Rock Island Auctions and other auctions. Sometimes they have fee's for remote bidding that are waived in person. Also, some have buyers premiums. Be sure to read the fine print.
I am just looking forward to going and actually seeing these firearms in person. Their last auction had some beauty's.

I am just looking forward to going and actually seeing these firearms in person. Their last auction had some beauty's.

I like auctions, its always best to go to the previews as pictures don't always tell the real story. I've been sunrises both ways.

Walked away from a local auction with a nice Hatfield and an original Great Western Gunworks.

Little disappointed from time to time too. Didn't win an Ed McGivern pistol at 5K, it sold for 15K which is above my budget. Went 4K on an Elmer Keith Marlin 1894, it went for just a little more. My greatest disappointment is not winning an original 1803 Harpers Ferry, bid on two and lost both.

Would love to see pictures of any originals from the preview.

I have bought from them, and never been to an auction in person. I rank them as the best aution house for accuratly describing their guns for sale. They do a great job of describing the bores, which Rock Island never does.

Fleener

The best in the business. I drive 130 miles to pick up. The best descriptions out there. If they are wrong or miss something, they make it right, way better than Poulin's here in Maine!
Nit Wit

A great auction house that specializes in all types of firearms. Living an hour away, I used to attend all their auctions in person, but now bids directly with them on-line. I still spend a couple hours at the pre-auction inspections, which are helpful and educational. Their descriptions are well researched, and they put together an "errata" sheet to their catalogs that contains later information or modifications on the lots. Likewise, their staff is courteous and competent. Yes, over the past 15 years, I've bought quite a few items from them with absolutely no problems. More importantly, I consigned several hundred high quality firearms from my deceased buddy's extensive collection and was delighted with their service. They provided free packing and pick-up of these consigned guns and moved them the 8-hour drive from Pennsylvania to New Hampshire.

Back