• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Alamo Musso Bowie from ML Knives

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats happening here? I agree with Jimmy here ... get what YOU like ... big or small. :hmm:

Fact is I like all sizes of knives personally and own diffrent sizes! If you think otherwize Mr. Horner you could be in for a big mistake ... lets not get carried away here. I simply like em all big and small including Jimmy's amazing nice new knife! I do not see how folks can have only one! I would be proud to own right now! :thumbsup:

Tranquilo ...brothers ... tranquilo! Why this should turn into some kind of duel I have no idear! :shake: :grin:

Davy

Thanks Davy. Dont understand how these things come out like this when it's not SUPPOSED to be controversial in the first place. Hopefully the topic can stay friendly as was originally intended. For the record, I dont think Horner75 meant anything. As he said, everyone has their own tastes. Hatchet buried as far as I'm concerned.

gotta love the part in that movie when bowie(patric) walks in and tells the scottish cattamite " you want to borrow my knife?, cause i'll gladly give it to ya!" great flick. great repro shank. and to the rest were all in this together, to each their own. :2

too bad bowie was laid up sick/dyin, when they came over the walls knife like that would sure be handy :wink:

RJLJML said:
gotta love the part in that movie when bowie(patric) walks in and tells the scottish cattamite " you want to borrow my knife?, cause i'll gladly give it to ya!" great flick. great repro shank. and to the rest were all in this together, to each their own. :2

Yup, LOVED that scene. :grin:

jimmytheshank said:
I get a kick out of poking fun at myself as well as the next man. But how did this posting start going into negative talk of " buying for looks", "buying big without thinking of handling" and "you know what they say about guys who buy big trucks and bug knives"? I assume you mean "big".

Mr. Shank,

Yes, I meant "big", sorry about the typo.

Don't get your breach cloth in a bunch, just poking some fun at the big knife. It's obvious from your "handle" that you like knives. Use it in good health. :v

That was always a frustrating part of the film for me ... "all hat and no cattle" as we like to say in Texas ... at least let him rip one time for gosh sakes! :hmm: :rotf:

IMG_1767aaa.jpg

Having been to the new Alamo film set a number of times and been in Bowie's room there ... I have dreamed of how it musta have been many a time! :(

Davy

Nice bit of forgery there, Senor Shank. As a Neo-Tribal Metalsmith, that's the sort of work I favor. Though I sometimes like to make 'em shiny. Here's my rendition of the Musso:
MonsterBowie.jpg

HAY CP,,,i like that one too also,,,is the top of the blade shapened also,,,yes sir,,,i could get along nicely with either one,,or both..LOL,,,thanks for the pics,,,CP, do you have a site?...Lee

Davy said:
Whats happening here? I agree with Jimmy here ... get what YOU like ... big or small. :hmm:

Fact is I like all sizes of knives personally and own different sizes! If you think otherwise Mr. Horner you could be in for a big mistake ... lets not get carried away here. I simply like em all big and small including Jimmy's amazing nice new knife! I do not see how folks can have only one! I would be proud to own right now! :thumbsup:

Tranquilo ...brothers ... tranquilo! Why this should turn into some kind of duel I have no idear! :shake: :grin:

Davy

Davy,
Who put a bur under your saddle?....ME?

I was giving you a compliment and also Wick! I think Jimmy's knife is neat and just made a generalization comment, that basically meant, that "to each their own"! I own two large Bowie type knifes and numberous other knives in all shapes and size's. I like them all! I don't know what your problem is, as I have always given you good comments on this forum. And try to ignore negative remarks from instigators and arguments, but I have to defend myself in this wrongful comment from you!

Jimmy, thanks for your understanding and enjoy your new Texas toad sticker!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

'Nough said,
Rick

My apologies then Horner .. I meant no disrespect, I evidently misunderstood your aim brother! If so I am truly sorry. Thats the problem with the written word .. things can be misconstrued or taken out of context! I will try to do better in the future! :grin:

Also to clear things up .. I have often thought that a real fighting Bowie size wise would be a medium size .. and be very wieldy & quick ... but that does not mean bigger ones were not made or popular for that matter.

I have allus felt that bigger makes it more intimidating to see, and therefore may well abort a fight afore it starts ... and thus in that regard worthy of contemplating. :hmm:

Davy

I think there have been quite a few misunderstandings here. I include myself having jumped to conclusions also. I apologize for that as well. But I hope from this point on we can still have fun with each other on this forum and continue to be friendly, and forget the past.
Thank you all for the compliments on my knife, and I hope one day that we can meet up sometime and ya'll can see it firsthand. In a friendly way , of course. :surrender: :wink:
Thank you guys, and ya'll take care! Jim

Back